Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
Aspull Wigan
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki
Exp
I am a newbie
Hi back to motorhoming after 40 year break first trip is to Cornwall for ten days
With three sites booked Fowey,Penzance,Tintagel biggest fear is the wing mirrors
I would be grateful for any tips.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Fun, enjoy your first trip, :thumb: wing mirrors are your friend use them well, when you are parked turn them in, we did not in Llandudno and got one broken it happens. :welcomefunster:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Hello and welcome to the Fun!

We go round Cornwall every year and haven't had a problem with the width yet - except when the sat-nav sent us down a very narrow lane.

That would be my best tip - don't rely on your sat-nav!

Enjoy Tintagel - if it's the Caravan Club site, it is spectacular :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Mirrors

Hi,you can buy mirrorguards for your van they cost about £110 but should you get a belt
from a passing vehicle your mirror should survive , or for the time being I would stick some Hi Viz stickers on the mirror casing so the oncoming traffic can at least see them this doesnt apply to some of plonkers who I see daily texting as they are driving :RollEyes:
and when in cornwall take your time your on your holidays :thumb:

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi Jimfoggon and welcome to the Fun! :welcomefunster:

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
::bigsmile:Hi Jim,
I'd recommend some hi-viz tape over parts of the mirror: had ours battered by some 150 yr old in an Hymer last June whilst in Scotland.
He did not stop & it cost us a few hundred quid.:Angry::Angry:
We are in the CC site in Tintagel next Sunday for one night only: on our way to the meet in Gweek. If you're there, say hello:thumb:We'll be in a Bessacarr 510 compact:thumb:probably with a beer in hand:winky:
WELCOME TO THE FUNSTERS !!!!

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2014
glasgow
Funster No
MH
iveco conversion
Exp
wing mirrors

YES same issue in cornwall. first MH trip. relied on sat nav, into small village. oh err dont!:Eeek:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Anyone done the back road into port Isaac , did it in the old ldv , all the signs said you couldn't get but we had gone to far to reverse up, anyway we got through scraping wheel nuts on stone steps and when we got to the bottom they were doing doc Martin , everyone was gobsmacked when they saw us coming and had to shift all the lights and things to let us through, good times though still have to laugh now::bigsmile:

Apr 10, 2014
glasgow
Funster No
MH
iveco conversion
Exp
It gets easier with experience. After horror in cornwall. Just done Loch Voig near Callender, Scotland. 5 mile single track road. wow great fun!! cars get out of your way!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back