First trip

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by e20rod, Mar 28, 2010.

1. e20rod

e20rod Read Only Funster

Hi all,

We took delivery of our new Auto-roller 700 last Monday, first outing was this weekend. Everything seemed fine with the van, although there's a steadily growing list of 'fettling' to do. Big items are a wind out sun shade (we didn't miss having one this weekend, but we live in hope!), additional battery for planned non site trips, a microwave, TV, the list goes on...

One thing surprised me about the site we stayed at (High Range at Aviemore), there was no facility for emptying the waste tank. There was the chemical loo emptying place, but no hole in the ground for emptying the grey waste. I;d assumed all sites would have one of these. Is this common? I'd have thought they might have mentioned it when we booked with a motorhome, but not a mention until I went to ask where I could empty the tank. They couldn't even suggest anywhere nearby. Pretty poor I thought given the pitch fee of £24.00 a night!!

Cheers,

Rod.

2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Well done, pleased for you that the first trip went well, grey waste is only dirty water and you could empty that down any drain.

Peter

3. dave jm

dave jm Read Only Funster

Hi Rod and welcome...We had our first trip out a couple of weeks ago..lovely site on a big estate...that was only £12pn inc electric...found out after 3 days i never had the switch on for lecci:cry:....no-one told me about that:Rofl1:....Classified page might have any bits you need...Dave:thumb:

4. wasp

wasp Funster

Hi we take a waste container kept from the tugging days and stick it under the waste outlet and empty it with the cassette.:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile: