First trip to Sweden & Finland

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by iceclimber, Aug 13, 2013.

1. iceclimber

iceclimber Funster

Feel like a proper motorhome adventurer now having just done 3 1/2 weeks away, travelling to Finland. (we went Holland - Germany - Sweden - Finland as we wanted to spend time in Stockholm) Have learnt that no mater how much prep you do before hand, (OK, i admit I didn't do enough :Blush: ) the best learning is 'on the go' with the results being some unexpected delights and a few disappointments.
    We stayed approx 50% wild or aire type sites and 50% on paid camp sites. Best free-be was right on the beach near the marina in Hanko Finland, best paid site (based only on location) was Langholmen, Stockholm. (pics of both below)
    If anyone would like any specific details of where we stopped etc.... then i'd be happy to oblige. :Cool:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

I find the best trips are the ones with no plans or preparations. Done on the spur of the moment. Just up and go.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Onderweg

Onderweg Funster

Oops,

Another couple with Scandinavia fever :shout:
    It will be crowded over there next year :Rofl1:

But glad you enjoyed the trip, we "did" Scandinavia 30plus times and still love it

Paul and Ineke

• Like Like x 2
  4. alfandM

alfandM Funster

I got the fever and stayed on:Rofl1:Really though a great country to live life:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  5. campa cola

campa cola Funster

was really taken by northern Sweden, so empty, so many trees & lakes but I just wonder how dark & cold it is in the winter!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

In the middle of the winter VERY cold-----no daylight, but, from what we have been told it's not so dark because of the snow:BigGrin:-----------we shall have to do a winter trip to see for ourselves:BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin:

• Like Like x 2
  7. alfandM

alfandM Funster

As you can see we live up here,not right up in the north around the middle lovely scenerys and tall pines,in the middle of winter we have plenty of snow not the wet stuff but dry powder,great for skiing, snow mobeling,and much more,the darkness is 0ne hour longer than the uk,but the brightness of the snow makes it look not so dark, often M&I and our dog Bamse,go on a trek at night and take some warm glogg and snacks, and wild animal watch,we do much ice fishing that's great fun,a great place to motorhome,but do make sure your MH is fully winterized and you have at least all weather tyres M&S fitted and bring along with you some snow chain's especially if you have front wheel drive,``if you like adventure your LOVE Scandinavia ´´Lastly i can say you will have a white Christmas in the middle to north regions, Cheers Alf&M:thumb:

• Like Like x 2