First trip to France, last few days.

Discussion in 'France' started by jaykay, Apr 5, 2015.

1. jaykay

jaykay Read Only Funster

Well its been an interesting week with rain and gale force winds for the first week.

Its now nice and sunny, and were staying at Yvre L'evaque on a nice site in the Acsi book (1458) near Le Mans. Staying for a couple more days while its nice then heading back up to Calais for a Friday morning ferry.

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

One giant step for jaykay kind. Pity about the weather but you've done it now, Europe is your oyster.Repeat after me "I'll be back".

• Like Like x 2
  3. carolyn

carolyn Funster

Look on the bright side, you got there, on our last effort we broke down half an hour from home on the way to ferry so never made it, oh how we laughed... Bah humbug. No such thing as bad weather, just bad clothes, I did nearly throttle the Swedish gentleman who told me that.

4. f6c

f6c Funster

ENJOY(y)

5. jaykay

jaykay Read Only Funster

We have, and still are enjoying it. I didn't want to wait any longer before coming over here as we have been wanting to do it for 3 years or more, but only recently got our MH and have only had 1 two nighter in her before setting off for Dover.
    Its a good try out so next time we will know what to expect and can do it a bit better!
    Mind you the sound of a mouse scratting in the air duct behind the dash wasn't a highlight! The next morning I had all the front blinds off and the dash panel of to see behind the dashboard, and was happy to see no damage or signs of rodents. I now have two traps and some poison in strategic places under the bonnet. It was all quiet last night.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LAM

LAM Funster

:clap: Great to hear you are having a good trip, despite the mice, on our first trip we nearly lost our roof (rented MH) when navigating an underpass but survived ! Our second trip to France is imminent, this time in our own MH and can't wait :france: