Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
away in Flo. Few hiccups. Most were sorted, the loo issue was the biggest bugbear.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 32

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Looks like you had a wonderful first trip!:) So pleased for you both!

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Great Pictures, makes all the difference to a great story. You all look like you are having a great time. Happy trails!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Great pictures......but are you going to leave us hanging?
What loo issue?
Have we had a good toilet thread today ?

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hope you had a comfy night the pair of you - the smiles say it all really:)
Wishing you many happy years of travel x

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Nice to see you all happy, I hope you get the niggles sorted.
Where did you stay, it looks nice?(y)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Nice pictures, glad you are not letting standards drop just because you are in the motorhome...Love the pinafore.;)(y)

OP
OP
Cat53
Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Great pictures......but are you going to leave us hanging?
What loo issue?
Have we had a good toilet thread today ?

The loo issues.....toilet appeared to be working, until the flush stopped working. the handbook said this indicates a fault, so I thought maybe I had'nt pushed the cassette in properly.....at the same time I noticed a leak on the toilet floor, so mopped that up with the bathroom wipes, then got coat and wellies on to check the outside cupboard.....which is full of wee. :eek: a kitchen roll later and plenty of bathroom wipes used to disinfect the area, we checked the handbook again. said button G should be parrallell to the cassette edge. sorted we thought, so I emptied the cassette, put in the blue chemical. went in and flushed it a couple of times. ( all this as the light was failing so using torch light). sorted..(y)...until the midfle of the night when the flush didn't work again. :( stuff it, not faffing about in the freezing dark, so I went back to bed. anyway, the entire scenario was repeated again.(n) so toilet use was banned until we got home. Marquis can sort the damn thing out. fortunately Steve has 'wee bottles'. as there arent always disabled loos around when not in the motorhome. so we always carry them with us. good job, too! (y) plus I'd run out of kitchen roll! and was fed up of moping up wee!......good job thats all I had to mop up! ;)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
The loo issues.....toilet appeared to be working, until the flush stopped working. the handbook said this indicates a fault, so I thought maybe I had'nt pushed the cassette in properly.....at the same time I noticed a leak on the toilet floor, so mopped that up with the bathroom wipes, then got coat and wellies on to check the outside cupboard.....which is full of wee. :eek: a kitchen roll later and plenty of bathroom wipes used to disinfect the area, we checked the handbook again. said button G should be parrallell to the cassette edge. sorted we thought, so I emptied the cassette, put in the blue chemical. went in and flushed it a couple of times. ( all this as the light was failing so using torch light). sorted..(y)...until the midfle of the night when the flush didn't work again. :( stuff it, not faffing about in the freezing dark, so I went back to bed. anyway, the entire scenario was repeated again.(n) so toilet use was banned until we got home. Marquis can sort the damn thing out. fortunately Steve has 'wee bottles'. as there arent always disabled loos around when not in the motorhome. so we always carry them with us. good job, too! (y) plus I'd run out of kitchen roll! and was fed up of moping up wee!......good job thats all I had to mop up! ;)
Not a good thing to have to do on your first trip or anytime!
Surely the dealer tries all these things out before they even put it up for sale ! Obviously not but sounds like they are now ,ask for a new cassette at the very least!! Don't let wee-gate dampen your spirits you both looked so happy in the photos ! Remember your numberplate!! FUN FUN FUN!!:LOL::D

OP
OP
Cat53
Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Nice to see you all happy, I hope you get the niggles sorted.
Where did you stay, it looks nice?(y)

It's a CL called Oaksfield Farm near Peterborough. It's near Stilton, which is where all the pubs are. Dogs were allowed off leash in the adjacent fields, provided you stayed away from the sheep. Obviously. Lovely owner. Very helpful. No fear of anyone using drinking water hoses to clean the toilet...they were miles apart! :D2

OP
OP
Cat53
Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Not a good thing to have to do on your first trip or anytime!
Surely the dealer tries all these things out before they even put it up for sale ! Obviously not but sounds like they are now ,ask for a new cassette at the very least!! Don't let wee-gate dampen your spirits you both looked so happy in the photos ! Remember your numberplate!! FUN FUN FUN!!:LOL::D

I don't understand why it worked fine for a couple of flushes and then it didn't. Baffled me. I think we do need a new cassette and they can supply it! For free!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
It's a CL called Oaksfield Farm near Peterborough. It's near Stilton, which is where all the pubs are. Dogs were allowed off leash in the adjacent fields, provided you stayed away from the sheep. Obviously. Lovely owner. Very helpful. No fear of anyone using drinking water hoses to clean the toilet...they were miles apart! :D2
Is that we're the cheese comes from? I looove Stilton!!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Looks love hope you get your issues sorted and have many happy nights in your new toy.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Is that we're the cheese comes from? I looove Stilton!!
Stilton doesn't actually have permission to make "Stilton" :confused:.
I'm not too far away - used to love going to the Bell for a special [expensive] dinner in my wealthier married days :cool:
Now occasionally do the Stilton Stumble - a six mile walk :D2.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I had a look on CC site, is it "Oaklands Farm " CL, it looks very nice and well looked after. One to look at using. Thanks

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
on our first trip....we too had loo problems.....the cassette appears to be leaking resulting, we think in wet electrics causing the 'full light' to flash continuously even though the cassette is empty. We have to take it back to get it fixed but not until Feb 28th......so we've bought a new cassette and are not too concerned about the flashing light as we know the cause...and can keep an eye on things. The dealer obviously did not check the loo very carefully, nor the kitchen tap...I'm not sure they check things that thoroughly they seem to rely on the customer identifying the niggles and taking it back for fixing...and so we shall...they are only niggles....and cannot kill the joy of ownership.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back