Filling in form v55/5 for an import (1 Viewer)

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Hi guys. Now we have got the Rapido back home, it's time to fill the forms in for the DVLA!!!
Any help and advice welcome as you can't pop into your local centre to do it anymore, so I don't really want to b...s it up.
Main bit is
5. Manufacturer
6. Make
7. Model

Is it
Rapido
Fiat
9095df?
I've got to admit that brain fade has set in after a weekend of changing speedo, lights and fog lights. Cheers
Mr.B

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
My V5 gives the base vehicle details not the conversion. Probably because it's' the base vehicle that attracts the taxation class and amount.

Upvote 0

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
On my certificate of conformity ( just came in post today ) , make is Adria , name and address of manufacturer is Adria Mobil , Slovenia and commercial name ( model ) is compact SL .
I had the v55 import pack , but threw it away as my plans changed , so can't check what they are asking you . have a sleep and look again tomorrow .
Judgemental ( and others ) have plenty of experience with this , if they don't respond , send them a personal message asking for help .

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
When we bought our 'van it was taxed as a Trigano which was a surprise as it's a Hobby.!!!
I tried to address this problem with DVLA by attempting to have it altered to a 'Hobby',I was informed "We don't have a code for 'Hobby' so we can't do it"
However, they would change it to Base vehicle (Fiat) so, if you don't want to Bu&&er up your Form, it would help to know in advance from those very nice people in Wales whether 'Rapido' was a make that they have a code for.
Apparently the code goes into their wurlitzer and kicks out reminders to you for retaxing the vehicle.

It obviously would help if a Funster with a Rapido could confirm that their 'van was registered with DVLA as such.
If no one does, and you can't get to speak to a humanoid in Swansea, then Register it as your base vehicle.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr B

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Well, after what seems to have taken ages (7 weeks) we have finally got all the forms ( 1) back from the VCA :mad:.
After 3 attempts, all knocked back for MPH speedo related stuff. I.e. How has this been changed, we need more information how this has happened,have you ever seen a UFO!!!blah blah blah.
Anyway, got the form back, rang DVLA for help with the taxation class.
Was then asked for co2 emission reading, it's on your VCA form.
It's blank was my reply......
Ok, what's the vehicles weight?
Told them....
Looks like it's a private HGV then was the reply...
I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.
Oh well, I'll know better the next time we import.........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
@Mr B How easy was it to change the headlights? Did you just unscrew and change direction?

Also - what exactly were the DVLA looking for? Is it worth taking photos of the new speedo, twin fogs etc?

Just got a 9010df that I'm registering. Any tips would be handy (like what have you done for gas - assuming that you had different/foreign connectors).

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Recently imported a Rapido, you have all my sympathies trying to get past the VCA and DVLA with the registration process.
Over 3500 kg it will be registered as a Private HGV, this actually reduces the Tax in comparison to the 3500 kg units and lower.
As for the V5/5
Mine was completed as follows.
2.Tax Class : TC10
5. Manufacturer : Rapido
6. Make : Fiat
7. Model : Ducato
8. Type of Body / Vehicle : Motor Caravan
12. Type : FT5
13. Variant : Y
14. Version: AYXS600FYA/A

Info for 12.13 & 14 are from the Certificate of Conformity.
As for the Emissions they are in Para 48 on the CofC.
Although I completed the Co, HC and the particles, 35,39 & 37 on the V5/5 , only the particulates was entered on the returned V5.
If you need any further advice, there are quite a few threads here helping you out, if not PM me and I will help if I can.
Cheers

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back