Fiat's Uconnect 5” Radio Nav (Tom Tom)

Discussion in 'GPS Navigation' started by Gizmo26, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Gizmo26

Gizmo26 Read Only Funster

Just getting used to our new Auto-Trail Tracker with the integrated Uconnect 5” Radio Nav.

The Speedo fitted to the new Fiats is a pain in the butt to see when driving. Any speeds over about 40 mph are hidden by the cowling of the speedo.

Does anyone know if it is possible / or how to get current speed displayed on the built in Sat Nav screen. I have tried the various settings and options, but cannot find if this is possible.
    Peter.

2. Polar bear

Polar bear Funster

Tomtom shows speed but always seems to read 3mph less than the speedo and do not know which one is correct so may not be of help to you

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gizmo26

Thanks Polar Bear. I cannot find a way for the integrated TomTom to display speed. It does it on my Garmin Sat Nav in the car and I think that the Sat Nav speed is likely to be more accurate than the car speedo. Speedos in vehicles are allowed a 10% tolerance, but they cannot read LOW, the 10% is only allowed to be up to 10% high if that makes sense.
    Any idea how to switch the speed display on?

4. Polar bear

Polar bear Funster

My tomtom is a stand alone not a built in unit and displays speed all the time in either mph or klm. It could be that the built in unit supplied with van is a limited version and does not have the facility.

• Like Like x 1
  5. grumps147

grumps147 Funster

Can't find it either Peter, and I am glad it's not only me thinks the speedo view is awful. Garmin coming back out in ours after a run to my sons today to get used to the semi auto box.
    It's not just not being able to see past 50, I am guessing where 30 actually is, I can see the figure 30 but no indicator line to say where it is. I put the headlights on, and even illuminated in daylight the speedo view past 50 is not good. Eddie.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gizmo26

Pleased it is not just me Eddie. I am not particularly tall but I sit quite high when driving. Think you would need to be a midget to read the speedo