Fiat X250 rear jacking/axle stand positions (1 Viewer)

Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
I have a 2011 Rapido 646 on a Fiat x250 chassis and I want to adjust my handbrake, so need both wheels safely off the ground. I want to use a trolley jack to lift one side at a time, then put axle stands underneath for safety. I guess I can put the axle stands under the axle(!), although I prefer under the chassis because its more stable, but not sure where, and I´m also not sure where to position my trolley jack without causing damage. Any help much appreciated.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I have a 2011 Rapido 646 on a Fiat x250 chassis and I want to adjust my handbrake, so need both wheels safely off the ground. I want to use a trolley jack to lift one side at a time, then put axle stands underneath for safety. I guess I can put the axle stands under the axle(!), although I prefer under the chassis because its more stable, but not sure where, and I´m also not sure where to position my trolley jack without causing damage. Any help much appreciated.

Would you better off taking it to a competent garage for adjustment perhaps, you won't have to get underneath and someone else will have to get dirty hands and clothes etc and you will know as soon as you drive off if its been done properly.

OP
OP
daveinspain
Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for your reply, iandsm, but the problem is the wording ´competent garage´- there are none round here, which is why I´m reluctantly doing it myself! I´m afraid I don´t share your confidence that a garage would do the job properly, while I know I will! I´m just very conscious of the weights involved, and would rather ask first than be sorry later!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Better jacking & putting the axle stands on the axle then you won't have to lift it so far, you only need the rear wheels just off the ground.

OP
OP
daveinspain
Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks Lenny, that was my initial thought, but there is a strange-shaped bracket welded onto the bottom outer edge of the axle, so I´ve put the axle stands under the chassis. Now the ´fun´part starts - not!
The last time I had to adjust a star wheel on brakes was my wife´s beetle many years ago, and I hated doing it then!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back