Fiat Ducato / Hobby 600-750 series.

Discussion in 'Fiat' started by PeteH, Mar 15, 2015.

1. PeteH

PeteH Funster

Hi

I am interested in learning more about this rage of vehicles, so any feedback would be useful.
    amongst other things:-

Issues with the Engines (2.8JTD? Mostly), Cambelt Life ?. Would it pay to put it on Full Synthetic Oil.?

Also has anyone ever fitted or had fitted a tow bar to one, and if so where are the Attachment / Mounting Points?.

I have seen one recently, and they look well made.?

Pete

2. Al-Di

Al-Di Funster

dont know model, but 2.8jtd is a sound engine, I do all cambelts at 50,000 on any vehicle others will disagree, its an easy but fiddly job, and you dont need to upset waterpump,

• Like Like x 1
  3. Portland

Portland Funster

I know many will disagree with this but! We bought a 650 with 8000kms on the clock 11 months old. It was the worst motor we have ever had! the paint peeled off it leaked like a sieve and then developed a lean to the left which we could not get rid of . The agents in the UK did not want to know and Hobby just said to take it back to the people who sold it . Bakers Germany who where as helpful as a chocolate fireguard. Bill at Towtal eventually found the leak but by this time the headlining was ruined.