Fiat Ducato Electric Windows 130 multijet, 57 plater

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by themogs, Aug 21, 2013.

1. themogs

themogs Funster

:thumb:Hi funsters,
    Here's hoping that someone will have encountered this before, and may have knowledge of the cause !!!
    Last September the switch on the passenger door, for the electric windows, and for no apparent reason, suddenly became very hot & started to smoke badly. We pulled over for 5 mins. and carried on, but later found that both the passenger and drivers electric door switches had burnt out and had to be replaced :cry:
    We replaced the switches, only for the same thing to happen again :cry::cry:
    This time our local garage electrician replaced the switches AND the door loom, passenger side.:Eeek:
    Well it's blinkin happened again !!!, so before we investigate further, I thought I'd ask for help from you guys
    Has anyone got any idea as to what can be causing it ??? It's costing us a small fortune:cry::cry::cry:

2. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Pop the passenger loom join and see if it has broken on the solder joint. Best way around that would be to replace a larger section, so that the joint is not under stress.

Strange it keeps happening to yours though!

3. peter marshall

peter marshall

Sounds a bit like a short to me, maybe a frayed wire rubbing somewhere ?. Pete

4. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

potentially a faulty window motor or relay. could even be a chaffed wire shorting. the door wiring needs stripping down and checking thoroughly before fitting new switches.