Fiat Ducato Dash Lights Dim when Road Lights on (1 Viewer)

Dec 31, 2017
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
On a Fiat Ducato 2022 series 8 with the 10” infotainment, I have a minor but irritating issue that when the road lights are switched on whilst driving the screen dims and is almost unreadable on a dull day or tunnel etc, when I look in the settings, the box to change this is greyed out but you can change the normal brightness of the screen with lights off? Anybody found a way round this please?

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
As far as I'm aware it's a known design fault with Fiat Ducatto's going back many years.

The only solution is to use a separate GPS speedo.
There are several on these pages that people have used with varying degrees of success.

I think there was a company who were producing a better card to insert into the speedo, but that may have only applied to the older manual ones.

We rented a Ducatto based MoHo, experienced this known design fault, and therefore bought a Mercedes based MoHo.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Have you tried doing the adjustment just with ignition on but not the engine.
Some stuff you can only do with engine off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sideshow Bob
Dec 31, 2017
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
As far as I'm aware it's a known design fault with Fiat Ducatto's going back many years.

The only solution is to use a separate GPS speedo.
There are several on these pages that people have used with varying degrees of success.

I think there was a company who were producing a better card to insert into the speedo, but that may have only applied to the older manual ones.

We rented a Ducatto based MoHo, experienced this known design fault, and therefore bought a Mercedes based MoHo.
Thanks Brains, the van is great apart from this issue, it sounds trivial but when going through long tunnels in France and Spain and you can’t see the Sat Nav or Speedo etc

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back