Fiat Ducato CD/Radio - how loud is yours?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by colpot, Apr 13, 2009.

1. colpot

colpot Read Only Funster

To listen to our Radio we to have the volume up at 35! Is this normal? In our Renault Megane we have the volume at 10. I havent got a manual and it appears there is no make/model on the front of the player, but 35 seems excessive, but if anyone can advise I would appreciate it muchly.

2. thehutchies

thehutchies Funster

My brother has just bought himself a Porsche Boxster and was told that it needed a new radio as the amplifier was not working.
    We had a play with it and the fader control was set to the rear speakers (which it doesn't have) so we adjusted it to the front speakers and saved him £1000!

Could it be as simple as that?

3. chigman

chigman Read Only Funster

Hi

That dont sound right. We play our's at 18-20 on the volume when we are up to full speed around 60 mph.

steve

4. nomadic

nomadic Funster

CD/Radio

We have a 2005 F/D chassis cab on Bessaccar E760, and like you there is no indication of make/model of the unit.

We do find 24/26 is fine when parked up for lunch etc, and no more than 30 when travelling....to be fare we did have to adjust the balance after taking delivery, the balance was all on the lounge speakers and zilch on the cab speakers, so balance adjustment may help.

Hope this helps.

Nomadic

5. WillH

WillH Funster

We have ours up at around 35 when moving but 15 when stationary. The switch on volume is set at 15 so when we switch it on when driving it is inaudible. I just put it down to road and vehicle noise.

Rgds
    Bill

6. passionwagon

passionwagon Read Only Funster

:Wink:Have you tried setting the speed volume control which will automatically up/down volume.:thumb:

7. colpot

colpot Read Only Funster

Guys, thanks for the advice, I had already checked fade/balance and set appropriately. I will try to find a manual for it, otherwise I will just put up with the high numbers and Mrs Colpot worrying that we are going deaf(er):Smile: