• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Fiat 500 bra wanted (2 Viewers)

WestiesOnTour

Free Member
Apr 5, 2020
Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
RV safari cheetah 38
Exp
RVing 11 years and caraving/motorhoming all my life.
Hi all,
I need please a bra for a fiat 500 anyone on here got one for sale or where I can get hold of one please thanks in advance.

Jason.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
you need a bra, for a car ???
Since when did cars have breasts ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
WestiesOnTour

WestiesOnTour

Free Member
Apr 5, 2020
Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
RV safari cheetah 38
Exp
Another strange fetish I assume or is it a typo?
No, the bra is a cover in which goes over the front bumper and bonnet, this is to protect against chips happening and stones from hitting your vehicle when being towed.

Attachments

• 20200328_145133.jpg
    20200328_145133.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 33

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
No, the bra is a cover in which goes over the front bumper and bonnet, this is to protect against chips happening and stones from hitting your vehicle when being towed.

Well you learn something new every day. Never knew a car could wear a bra, hope mine isn’t feeling inferior, missing out.

OP
OP
WestiesOnTour

WestiesOnTour

Free Member
Apr 5, 2020
Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
RV safari cheetah 38
Exp
Another strange fetish I assume or is it a typo?
Car bras are designed to save your car from any road-borne hazards and prolong the life of your front-end. Many car bras are fashioned from a thick, durable vinyl material that provides a solid barrier against flying bugs and rocks, preventing unwanted dings, dents and scratches while being towed behind a motorhome.

Last edited:

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Are they worth the effort? Don’t users find they can never take them off without uncovering issues as bad as the Stone chips they protect?

ymmv but I get stones kicked up passed where those bras sit,

edit: someone posted a good example of when they’d be useful. I forgot what forum I was on. Sorry

OP
OP
WestiesOnTour

WestiesOnTour

Free Member
Apr 5, 2020
Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
RV safari cheetah 38
Exp
True this is something to think about.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
A more neutral opinion:
Car Bra Pros and Con
The main question we get is do car bras damage paint? The answer is that their MAIN purpose is to protect paint! That is the biggest pro (or con) of them all.

It is true that car bras can cause damage without regular maintenance, like regular washing and waxing. However, poor maintenance of any car accessory has risks.

Pros

• Protect front end from chips, dings, and scratches
  • Provide peace of mind on longer trips where the risk of highway debris goes up exponentially
  • Provide a sophisticated look, especially on sports cars (this is obviously subjective)
  • Lowers risk of damage to low-to-the-ground sports cars
  • Help maintain appearance, and ultimately resale value
Cons

• Must be installed on a clean, and preferably waxed, car (any dust underneath can act as an abrasive and scratch paint over time)
  • Can cause differential fading especially on older cars (note: this is less of an issue with modern car paint)
  • Must be removed and cleaned when dirty
  • Not securing tightly can cause flapping and damage paint if severe enough.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Are they worth the effort? Don’t users find they can never take them off without uncovering issues as bad as the Stone chips they protect?

ymmv but I get stones kicked up passed where those bras sit,

edit: someone posted a good example of when they’d be useful. I forgot what forum I was on. Sorry
We have been towing for around 12 years without any stone chip damage to any of the cars. and never used a "bra".

The toads do get quite dirty if the weather conditions are bad and do sometimes need a quick wash over before driving them.

It would be vital that the car and the cover are totally clean before fitting or paintwork will get damaged. The cover would also have to be very tightly fitted as any movement would also cause damage.

OP
OP
WestiesOnTour

WestiesOnTour

Free Member
Apr 5, 2020
Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
RV safari cheetah 38
Exp
We have been towing for around 12 years without any stone chip damage to any of the cars. and never used a "bra".

The toads do get quite dirty if the weather conditions are bad and do sometimes need a quick wash over before driving them.

It would be vital that the car and the cover are totally clean before fitting or paintwork will get damaged. The cover would also have to be very tightly fitted as any movement would also cause damage.
Yes I do agree, I currently have a ford ka with a a frame fitted to it, and like you say when you get to your destination its black as the ace of spades lol.

Attachments

• IMG_06042019_231709_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg
    IMG_06042019_231709_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_30032019_170447_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg
    IMG_30032019_170447_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 28
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
How about getting one of those large full width mud flaps fitted across the rear end of the MH, I have seen them fitted on some MH's & Lorries. They sweep the road and should reduce water spray and stones from hitting the car.
Just a thought, Others may know what they are called and where to see a picture of them.
LES

OP
OP
WestiesOnTour

WestiesOnTour

Free Member
Apr 5, 2020
Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
RV safari cheetah 38
Exp
How about getting one of those large full width mud flaps fitted across the rear end of the MH, I have seen them fitted on some MH's & Lorries. They sweep the road and should reduce water spray and stones from hitting the car.
Just a thought, Others may know what they are called and where to see a picture of them.
LES
Got one thay are called rock guards.
It was just the extra protection I was thinking about, but I'm starting to think maybe not bothering now.

Attachments

• 20200407_234625.jpg
    20200407_234625.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 31
  • FB_IMG_1472484392148.jpg
    FB_IMG_1472484392148.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 29
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Got one thay are called rock guards.
It was just the extra protection I was thinking about, but I'm starting to think maybe not bothering now.
Did it work? The rear end of the MH gets so filthy after a long run in the rain, let alone a car on the back.
LES

OP
OP
WestiesOnTour

WestiesOnTour

Free Member
Apr 5, 2020
Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
RV safari cheetah 38
Exp
Did it work? The rear end of the MH gets so filthy after a long run in the rain, let alone a car on the back.
LES
To be honest no not really, the car still gets filthy especially in the rain.

Rv is ok tho

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
Never liked the idea of the Bra on the tow car, each time you fit it the car will have to be spotless so no grit between bra and paintwork.

We made a cover which goes from Rv to Car which stops a lot of road muck hitting front of car. But sides of car still gets dirty in the wet, even though we have rear stone guard, skirt and rain mudflaps on Rv.

You can get them from USA if you want to buy the original

OP
OP
WestiesOnTour

WestiesOnTour

Free Member
Apr 5, 2020
Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
RV safari cheetah 38
Exp
Never liked the idea of the Bra on the tow car, each time you fit it the car will have to be spotless so no grit between bra and paintwork.

We made a cover which goes from Rv to Car which stops a lot of road muck hitting front of car. But sides of car still gets dirty in the wet, even though we have rear stone guard, skirt and rain mudflaps on Rv.

You can get them from USA if you want to buy the original
Yes I have the mud flaps to and still does not work.
Car is to dirty when it's been raining.

Thanks brian.

P.s not seen you lately on rvoc.
Jason.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
If the paintwork is good, get the front wrapped in clear vinyl then if and when you sell it take the vinyl off to reveal good paintwork. (y)

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
If the paintwork is good, get the front wrapped in clear vinyl then if and when you sell it take the vinyl off to reveal good paintwork. (y)
I did enquire at the local vynal car wrapping place for our toad they quoted £500 ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back