Fiamma Privacy room

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by camel, Apr 17, 2012.

1. camel

camel Funster

Hi, is there a dealer/showroom/shop etc that has a Fiamma privacy room assembled so you can see what it actually looks like, check it for size and see how it is put together? It is a lot of money to spend if you then realise it is difficult to assemble or not what you thought it was. There seems to be plenty of caravan awnings on show but no Fiamma's. I live in Durham but don't mind travelling to view or could incorporate a visit whilst away on a weekend jaunt, lol

Thanks

2. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Why not go to the Peterborough show next week ??
    Some dealers use them as selling areas for their goods, good chance of selling one "in action" also may be campers there who have theirs put up..
    Especially ready for all the rain due.. :Rofl1:

3. camel

camel Funster

Thanks, had plans to go to Peterboro but OH has a charity zip-wire that weekend over the river Tyne! Away at Ayr races this weekend and then away at Windermere in 2 weeks. Will have a look around a few more dealers etc.

4. lugnutt

lugnutt Funster Life Member

hi Camel i have had one 4 about 6 years used it probably 3 times it is a pain to put up and the front is 4" to short and had three replacements (still to short) i had my very own motley crew in Spain trying to hold it down to no avail:Laughing: best bet is a wind breaker round the canopy legs......would i buy another....no way you will spend all your time banging in pegs ,adjusting legs,worrying about the wind,trying to wind it in with just your yfronts on about 3-30 in the morning or trying to find the holding strap:Rofl1:

dave

5. highwayman

highwayman Funster Life Member

Size wise it's as big as your awning once the awning's fully out.
    Putting it up the first time is a real phaff, we're at about 20 mins now and if we're only staying a day or so we don't bother.
    Have a look at YouTube there's loads of videos of people putting safari rooms up.
    Might help make your mind-up

Cheers. Nige

6. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

If you are down our way, please call in, we are the Fiamma experts, full stop:thumb:

Peter

7. con-tiki

con-tiki Funster

I had a fiamma zip system which was very easy to put up . Mine was a 3.5m length

Shirl

Attached Files:

8. jaygee

jaygee Funster

Pity you weren't at Chester you could have seen Tony spend 2 days trying to figure out how to put up or privacy room and then Haganaps came along and did it in 10mins:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:
    We got it with the van and the instructions were useless. It's a Fiamma and never been a fan of awnings but have to say it was quite good once it was up!

9. lugnutt

lugnutt Funster Life Member

not mutch good without Brians laders and he did one on me when in Spain:Rofl1: