cherok

Free Member
Jun 28, 2009
Wales
Funster No
Exp
Months
Hope this is the right place to post!

We have just purchased a Fiamma Privacy Room for our motorhome and hope someone could help us please?

There are 2 plastic fixings which need to be screwed into the awning housing box. Do these have to be removed every time the awning is taken down or can we leave them in place permanently? I think these clips clip onto the clip system bars.

Just trying to make sense of it before we use it over the next Bank Holiday.

Cheers:Smile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
you should be able to leave them in place if your awning is a fiamma or omnistor

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
As Chatter says They stay in place :thumb:

Cheers....nige

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

cherok

Free Member
Jun 28, 2009
Wales
Funster No
Exp
Months
Thanks everyone - it'll be a lot easier if the clips can stay in place! :thumb:

The instructions on the Fiamma site are far better than the poor instructions that came with the privacy room, but it's still not clear whether the clips can be left in or not!

As long as the awning closes fully with the clips in place, then there they'll stay.

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
I think ours has a small screw in so that you can just nip it up to hold it in place

Alan H

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Lots, on and off, way back to VW splitty`s!
Good luck if you have a `clip` system ::bigsmile: A friend and I tried for 2 hours to put up his clip system safari room and gave up with a side and front finally on. There must be a knack to it I am missing somewhere.

My `zip` system can be erected by one person in 20 minutes including pegging it down.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We also have the zip system . Its easily put up by one person . The only awkward bit is fastening the zip to the MH side of the canopy , if its a high MH like ours. But then all you do is zip ! Not clip !
Ralph has fixed the leg clips to the MH skirt (re enforced at the back ) so we can have the canopy out with the support arms clipped to the MH and not pegged down. Good for if your on hard standing.
Since it only takes 15mins to put up the fiamma zip store , including pegging down, we use ours regularly now.
Great to set up the table n chairs for meals and cooking with the cadac. We also can put the dogs and there bed , on there metal wire n spring thing in there. More space for all of us.
Bev

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back