Fiamma Privacy Room

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by cherok, May 5, 2010.

1. cherok

cherok Read Only Funster

Hope this is the right place to post!

We have just purchased a Fiamma Privacy Room for our motorhome and hope someone could help us please?

There are 2 plastic fixings which need to be screwed into the awning housing box. Do these have to be removed every time the awning is taken down or can we leave them in place permanently? I think these clips clip onto the clip system bars.

Just trying to make sense of it before we use it over the next Bank Holiday.

Cheers:Smile:

2. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

you should be able to leave them in place if your awning is a fiamma or omnistor

3. highwayman

highwayman Funster Life Member

As Chatter says They stay in place :thumb:

Cheers....nige

4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

If you click here http://www.johnscross.co.uk/pages.php?pageid=5 and scroll right down to the bottom of the page, there are links to videos and fitting instructions for most Fiamma products

Peter

PS, The links go to Fiamma Italy's website which does not appear to be sending out the info at the moment.

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  5. cherok

cherok Read Only Funster

Thanks everyone - it'll be a lot easier if the clips can stay in place! :thumb:

The instructions on the Fiamma site are far better than the poor instructions that came with the privacy room, but it's still not clear whether the clips can be left in or not!

As long as the awning closes fully with the clips in place, then there they'll stay.

6. Fatalhud

Fatalhud Read Only Funster

I think ours has a small screw in so that you can just nip it up to hold it in place

Alan H

7. hailman

hailman Read Only Funster

Good luck if you have a `clip` system :BigGrin: A friend and I tried for 2 hours to put up his clip system safari room and gave up with a side and front finally on. There must be a knack to it I am missing somewhere.

My `zip` system can be erected by one person in 20 minutes including pegging it down.

8. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

We also have the zip system . Its easily put up by one person . The only awkward bit is fastening the zip to the MH side of the canopy , if its a high MH like ours. But then all you do is zip ! Not clip !
    Ralph has fixed the leg clips to the MH skirt (re enforced at the back ) so we can have the canopy out with the support arms clipped to the MH and not pegged down. Good for if your on hard standing.
    Since it only takes 15mins to put up the fiamma zip store , including pegging down, we use ours regularly now.
    Great to set up the table n chairs for meals and cooking with the cadac. We also can put the dogs and there bed , on there metal wire n spring thing in there. More space for all of us.
    Bev