Fiamma crank handle

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Greenacres, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Greenacres

Greenacres Funster

I have inherited a very long,telescopic crank handle,to go with a F65 awning. The trouble in that it is not telescopic enough. The only place that I can store it out of the way is to put it vertically, on a wooden panel at the rear. What is used to clip the pole on?I have seen pics of small brackets. What are they made of, how do they fasten on, and where can I get a couple? I have checked that the rear door will close with it positioned here. Thankyou

2. icantremember

icantremember Funster

I think they are normally supplied with a pair of suitable clips which are just plastic pipe clips and should be available at any good plumbers merchant or on fleebay.

Ours is stored in the same way, vertically, in the washroom.

3. jemhorn

jemhorn Funster

Handle

Brackets are supplied with new but I bought some similar from B&Q. From memory they are somewhere in tool department as they are used to clip long handled tools against a wall. There are a few sizes so take the handle with you. Good hunting!

4. Wickolad

Wickolad Funster

As above, any good plumbers / dig store.
    Our handle fits in the vertical cupboard used for the fold up table, although there are no clips in there for secure fastening.
    Just be aware when positioning the handle, that the motorhomes main walls are usually made up of 3mm ply (interior) and insulation sandwich and therefore not an ideal anchor point to fit the pipe clips which only have one central screw hole. The side wall of a cupboard is usually 12 or 15mm lightweight ply, which should provide a stronger fixing point.
    Regards, Lance

5. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

My present MH is the only one I have had with a place to store it where it isn't on permanent view. It clips upright in the tall ski locker at the rear. Most have had it in clips near the hab door.

6. Sidney

Sidney Funster

I screwed mine (and the Fiamma rafter) to the aluminium bed frame - tidy, secure and out of the way :thumb:

7. ludo

ludo Funster Life Member