ferry/tunnel prices (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, I know it's a bit early for next year , but I just wondered if anybody will be looking to share .
I know it's 5 returns , I'd be looking to buy 2 returns if someone wants the other 3.
as they are only valid for 12 months from purchase.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
vert_line_solid_1.gif

We booked a while ago and used our tesco vouchers which ease the pain a little.

Departure
(local time)
Standard Fare | Folkestone to Calais | Broken Link Removed
Check-in closes Broken Link Removed Departure time 20:20Arrival time Broken Link Removed Ā£155
vert_line_solid_1.gif

Vehicle details
Campervan + trailer
Registration number:
vert_line_solid_1.gif

Pets 02 Dogs / Cats / Ferrets Ā£34
Travelling with your pet? Check out our online pages on pet travel and DEFRA's information on the Pet Travel Scheme for a smooth journey.
vert_line_solid_1.gif

Travel Cost Ā£189
trav_det_vert_line_grey.gif

Tesco Vouchers Amount Ā£120

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kglblue

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
On Monday, 12/10/15 we wanted to go through the tunnel 3 days early because I was poorly and we wanted to go home. Usually this is no problem, we arrive at check in and have to pay a small fee usually no more then a tenner. On this occasion, it was made very clear that travel through the tunnel is only permitted on the date and time of your booking, no exceptions. I rang the caravan club, and they changed the booking, it cost Ā£20 to amend the CC booking and Ā£31 to amend the tunnel booking, Ā£51 in total, we paid it and our booking is now 1520hrs 12/10/15, expensive but worth it. We were at the tunnel at noon and 1520 was the first transit we could get, so we put the kettle on and got our books out. After paying our dosh we finally got through at 1900 hrs a delay of about 5 hours due to "technical problems" which is tunnel speak for immigrants in the tunnel. We were advised of the 5 hour delay after we had made the booking and paid the money, the guy in the booth said there will be a delay due to "complications". Its just that they squeezed every bit of money out of us, before telling us we couldn't go through at the time specified on our tickets. This is the only bit of trouble we have had in four years of using the tunnel, but I was really miffed that they took our cash then told us it wouldn't happen.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
On Monday, 12/10/15 we wanted to go through the tunnel 3 days early because I was poorly and we wanted to go home. Usually this is no problem, we arrive at check in and have to pay a small fee usually no more then a tenner. On this occasion, it was made very clear that travel through the tunnel is only permitted on the date and time of your booking, no exceptions. I rang the caravan club, and they changed the booking, it cost Ā£20 to amend the CC booking and Ā£31 to amend the tunnel booking, Ā£51 in total, we paid it and our booking is now 1520hrs 12/10/15, expensive but worth it. We were at the tunnel at noon and 1520 was the first transit we could get, so we put the kettle on and got our books out. After paying our dosh we finally got through at 1900 hrs a delay of about 5 hours due to "technical problems" which is tunnel speak for immigrants in the tunnel. We were advised of the 5 hour delay after we had made the booking and paid the money, the guy in the booth said there will be a delay due to "complications". Its just that they squeezed every bit of money out of us, before telling us we couldn't go through at the time specified on our tickets. This is the only bit of trouble we have had in four years of using the tunnel, but I was really miffed that they took our cash then told us it wouldn't happen.

I have also had repeated delays with the tunnel for no real reason. At a time when the aviation industry are being held to account for their delays (Ryanair complain bitterly) and compensation is paid after a few hours delay, along with the normal rail industry now having to compensate delays where is the compensation for delays on this route. Its about time that both the ferry operators and the tunnel get their act together and land in the same pot as the air industry. They enter into a contract to put us on a specific crossing , if they fail to do so they are at fault.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Only ever had one problem with the tunnel .. that was no aircon in our carriage and they refunded the crossing..
We use the tunnel frequent traveller scheme ..means on a Friday night after work at 5.30 in East London we can be in France and down at Neufchatel en Bray long before midnight for a good kip.
So it suits us and of course the dug is with us.
Wouldn't even consider the ferry.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Whats wrong with Newhaven Dieppe,,about Ā£150 return if you are over 60...BUSBY:):):)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Never ever travel in uk on a friday,,,BUSBY:):):)
I agree, especially if you can't be at your destination for 14.00 at the latest. :(

I got so fed up of being delayed most Fridays, that unless it was local haulage or coach work, I stopped making myself available on Fridays. :(

We just recently had a fare of Ā£ 42 Dover to Dunkirk midnight sailing and Ā£38 Dunkirk to Dover 6pm sailing. Both Fridays.
That'ts a good price these days Sandra. (y) It wasn't that long ago, were getting outbound on a Sunday daytime, and inbound on a Friday daytime, for just under sixty quid return with the then Norfolk Line. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I have also had repeated delays with the tunnel for no real reason. At a time when the aviation industry are being held to account for their delays (Ryanair complain bitterly) and compensation is paid after a few hours delay, along with the normal rail industry now having to compensate delays where is the compensation for delays on this route. Its about time that both the ferry operators and the tunnel get their act together and land in the same pot as the air industry. They enter into a contract to put us on a specific crossing , if they fail to do so they are at fault.

There you have a very good point. If they cannot hold up their end of the contract, then they should pay recompense, it's the reverse side of the coin to them charging you extortionate prices if you need to change the booking on or just before the day. I really object to their punitive attitude, which is why I never book a return until 3 days before my return. There is normally plenty of capacity, I've never had a problem finding a convenient return ferry, and you are not committed to the same ferry operator, which you are when you book a return. You'd think it was in their interest to keep their customers happy, and retain your custom.

In the case of kglblue, I'm not sure that they can be held responsible for immigrants in the tunnel, but since they only quoted technical issues, they should be held responsible in any case. It may be worth complaining to them as it was a health issue, and especially since they knew that there were delays but didn't tell you when you paid the extortionate ransom, but I don't hold out much hope. Although I have been given compensation in the past, once a free cabin, another time a reduction for my next booking.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
I know some who have emailed a complaint about being delayed to Eurotunnel and got money back/vouchers

kglblue

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
We live in Cornwall, so the 5 hour delay meant we got home at 1.00am the next day, we were well "knackered" my wife did all of the driving because she thought my violent bouts of coughing made it too dangerous to drive.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you want to change or book a new crossing at tunnel on the day or maybe a couple of days early , you will find you will get much reduced fares if you do it online even if you do it in the booking hall useing their wifi instead of asking them at the desk.

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
just booked tunnel for may next year, Ā£150 return with the rv

Join us or log in to post a reply.