dave met

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 7, 2014
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Filled up the motorhome with water before we left yesterday for our weekend away,woke up today to the pump running but no taps turned on,only to find that I had left the drain valve open when I drained down at the end of last year and the tank empty,could have been worse I suppose

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've done that but usually spot it as soon as I start filling as the drain is below the inlet. I find saying "Just flushing the tank through" covers the situation quite nicely and deflects any sarcasm from the co-pilot.

And are you really married to a nun? :):):)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
it's a wonder you have not drained your battery as well and burnt out the pump running it dry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dave met

dave met

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 7, 2014
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi Wildman think I might have drained the battery as nothing will work on 12 volt,but because I have left my meter at home I can't check it until I get back,we are on e.h.u so all good

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not as bad as when we were on holiday in Ireland and hubby emptied the waste water tank ... it was only later that he realised he'd emptied the fresh water tank instead (same type of tap, just on opposite side of van) ... needless to say I was NOT happy at having no water for my cuppa!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Had my pump running dry for two weeks last year for the same reason. The pump still works fine. Batteries not flat due to solar..

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
couple of yrs ago I had drained tank and left taps open with 12v supply turned off for about a month.
I went to van to fill up ready to go to Malvern and found that 'someone' had turned 12v on and left it on!!!.
Solar kept batteries topped up,but water pump burnt out :).
My people only had a caravan pump which didn't have a non-return valve and was about 1/4 power of ours-it got us through Malvern and Camper uk sent us an upgraded replacement which was waiting for us when we got home (y) My people swapped out the pumps for no charge-I was well pleased at end of day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back