feel at home - 3 PAYG any body used this

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by johnnywarbo, Jan 10, 2016.

1. johnnywarbo

johnnywarbo

hello - we are living in france in our truck we have been here for 5 weeks now - and have been using 3 ''feel at home ''PAYG sim ( they state that its only for visiting abroad - 2 months max ) i am considering getting a friend to bring a new sim over in a few weeks and having another 2 months - obviously i will change my number but thats ok !!! and register another email etc and bank card for topping up --£20 a month is great for what we need as we use my iphone a lot for google maps skyping , face time , checking mail etc - any body else do this ???????? i have 3 weeks left on the time scale and i am looking for awnsers HELP is anybody can ????

2. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Just wondering ...why not use the post office to get your new sim delivered?
    You could have a mailbox for a week or so in a French post office. Probably far less expensive than to get your friend to come to France

Think twice before you answer as you're only allowed 5 posts , unless you pay your membership, 15£.
    Also, depending where you are at the moment, you could use some funster's address here in France....if you ask nicely;)

Amicalement

Frankie:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. matamoros

matamoros Funster

Ex Rochdale now Tavira, S. Brittany & Europe
    Why not go into an Orange or SFR shop and get a French PAYG sim.I have done this with both, currently use Orange because the signal is better where we are in France but both can be topped up but unfortunately only in the shop and not online.

4. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

I'm on payg with 3 and am now, despite all the posts to the contrary, now into my 5th month using the same sim
    Had over three months earlier last year and returned to Spain in November and still using it.
    Have no idea why...but have read previous posts suggesting that contract differ from payg.
    Have a second sim ready if needed!

• Like Like x 1
  5. sallylillian

sallylillian Funster Life Member

I have just changed to 3 contract and was wondering about this 2 month limit as I could not find and reference to it on the stuff I have from them and we are away normally for 2-3 months at a time. So its good to know your actual experience than a third party third hand opinion. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1