Favourite Camping Spots UK.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Carol, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Was just thinking about my favourite camping spot that is fairly local 1hour to hour and half, mine is Church Bay a CL opposite the Lobster Pot and 1 minute from the beach and coastal Path around Anglesey.

What are your favourite camping spots and what makes them special, always nice to go somewhere good and not take pot luck.

2. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Carol, having been born and breed on Aglesey, I have never been to the Lobster Pot, have been to the Wavecrest, dont know if that has changed.

3. Carol

Lobster Pot is a bit on the pricey side, but so popular always amazes me a place so tucked out of the way has such a large clientèle.
    The Wavecrest which is almost on the beach has won awards now for the excellent food they serve, their Cream Scones are legendary.

It sounds as if its a busy area but it is so peaceful you just look out over the sea and the views from some of the walks around there you can see for miles;

• Like Like x 1
  4. stevensson10

stevensson10

campsite

the best site so far is without a doubt teversal in Derbyshire. its lovely friendly site with fantastic walks the management and staff are so very friendly the utility rooms are the best and cleanest on this planet.awarded 5star by AA pubs close by and chatsworth house.but no sea. well worth a visit.steve:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Shell Island, outside school holidays, Monday to Friday I almost have the place to myself. Pensioners discount of course :thumb:.

6. Carol

Dave that's one we have not done for 40 years, must put it back on our to do list. :Smile:

7. HymerB544

HymerB544 Funster

Best site

I have to agree with Stevensson10 about Teversal. A lovely site run by lovely people. We once turned up there in Winter with several inches of snow on the ground and they actually helped dig us ONTO our pitch! W went back lots of times and still will when we go back up that way.

But we have found a lovely site near where we live now, only 10 miles from home. It's called Treloan, and is just outside Portscatho on the Roseland Peninsula. It's run by a friendly couple, the site overlooks the sea and is only a few hundred yards from the village (pub, etc). And it has direct access to the SW coastal path. They have a play field for the kids and a small animal farm and a fire-pit ( a bit like Henry's on the Lizard, but not as basic and much cheaper).

But don't tell everybody!

• Like Like x 1
  8. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

One of our fav is the Polstead c&cc site..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rayb182

Rayb182 Funster Life Member

Ours is a wild camping spot, nice bit of fishing, lounge around looking at the fantastic scenery and a couple miles up the road, Kinlochleven, outside tap and toilets, and co-op for provisions.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  10. teddybard

teddybard Read Only Funster

My Local favourite.

Rockingham CL nr Corby:Smile::Smile: CC.CL.

Well maintained friendly site
    elect,h2o,waste disposal etc

good pub in village 400 yds (The Royal George):BigGrin::BigGrin:
    Roger

• Like Like x 1
  11. shawn&emma

shawn&emma Funster

Stayed on so many fantastic CL's:Smile: but don't want to shout about them to much as there may not be room for us next time we want to go :Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  12. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

not visually stunning but weve had some great weekends at the site near southwold harbour in suffolk it ticks all our boxes fresh fish on the harbour, adnams pubs in town, beach dead opposite the site and lots places to walk to now we have our electrics and solar working we will be able to stay longer (no hook ups)

• Like Like x 1
  13. ROB1CHELSEA1

ROB1CHELSEA1 Funster

• Like Like x 2