Fantastic camping options for area around clemont-ferrand (massif cental) (1 Viewer)

Feb 15, 2016
inverness, highland
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis I 562
Exp
since 2003
Planning another month in France and we are looking at the massif central area as it's somewhere we have missed out before. The better half suggested this area and being a cycling fanatic, this was music to my ears. We are after a location with cycling for the family, easy reach of the mountains to cycle for me and good swimming option so for the kids.
Any suggestions for good camping sites would be gratefully received...
Bring on the summer

OP
OP
D.ten
Feb 15, 2016
inverness, highland
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis I 562
Exp
since 2003
Oh, don't know why the title of this started with 'fantastic' , maybe the wine was too blame....

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
To my recollection there is a good Municipal site at Issoire, south of Clermont, depending how far out you are willing to go.

It has large, hedged pitches, and is next to a small lake and indoor tennis courts.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I believe there's some good cycling to be had around the Puy de Dome. There's an aire at the bottom and a lovely view from the top, although you may choose to take the train to see it.

As a one off (non-cycling) family attraction nearby you've got Vulcania, which has its own aire.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back