Tour Guide Wanted Family Europe trip too ambitious? (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
Having spent the best part of 45 years touring Europe by motorcycle and a new convert to motorhomes I too am planning a trip this summer.

It will be France only and 16 days from Shuttle to Shuttle. A clockwise loop around from Calais to Burgundy to Dordogne, Vendée and back through Normandy and the Somme.

I just think "go for it".

Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We have travelled through Europe during July and August for years and only ever come across one campsite that was full and could get on it.
There are thousands of Aires in France, buy a book or app and search as and when you need to stop. Campsite are also plentiful in France, especially along the main roads or just off of them.
Never had problems in Germany either, always found somewhere to spend the night.
I wouldn't spend much time planning, be flexible and above all enjoy the journey and make it part of the holiday rather than a means to an end.
Just go for it.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We have travelled through Europe during July and August for years and only ever come across one campsite that was full and could get on it.
There are thousands of Aires in France, buy a book or app and search as and when you need to stop. Campsite are also plentiful in France, especially along the main roads or just off of them.
Never had problems in Germany either, always found somewhere to spend the night.
I wouldn't spend much time planning, be flexible and above all enjoy the journey and make it part of the holiday rather than a means to an end.
Just go for it.

Be careful around SE France and coastal areas - we've had issues finding pitches during July and early August.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back