Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
We were staying on the Edinburgh CC site last week and decided to use the local bus service to get into town. After a long walk to the bus stop a mere £8.50 for a family ticket gave us all day bus and tram travel, had a great day in their city. Then about 8pm it was time to go back to the site, it was a guess as to what stop to get off as it was very dark but I was sure it was the right stop. passing a bin I discarded the contents from my pockets that I had gathered during the day which included the bus ticket, though I didn't know that at the time. A short walk to the roundabout where we caught the bus but it didn't look right, we could not see the stop we departed from so believed we had got off at the wrong stop. Must be the next roundabout I said. About a mile walk with bags of shopping a two tired kids we approached another roundabout, no not this one and no bus ticket, we were lost! A parked up bus over the road we went over to ask him if he knew where the CC site was, he told us it was off the roundabout at the end, the one I thought is was in the first place. The thought of walking all the way back and then another half mile to the site was starting to show on my face. I explained to the driver about the ticket but probably because it was getting late with 2 young children in tow he offered to drive us back to the first roundabout, what a gentleman and it restored my faith in humanity.

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Nice story.

As you walk on the road, past the site there is a path to the right that takes you on the edge of the site to a bus stop, less than 1/2 mile from the site. But it is not a path that I would choose to use in the dark

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Easy mistake to make if you don't know the place. Edinburgh buses are, I believe, the best in the country. We use the path but always ensure we have a decent torch as it's not well lit.

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
I agree WillH, the path is dark, just as well there is very little traffic. The warden's instructions for the bus service were not that clear, they do however offer a minibus service, I think it was about £15 per person but you don't get the hop-on-hop-off transport in town and anyway who can complain about all day bus travel for a family of 4 for just £8.50, just wish they would drop nearer the site..or preferably next to my van!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back