Facilities at camp sites

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by klaatu, Aug 31, 2015.

1. klaatu

klaatu Funster

We haven't used any camp sites so far, but we will probably want to for the odd night during our next trip, in a week or so. We were looking at the facilities at one CC site that we will probably want to use for a night (Altnaharra, used to be called Grummore) and it doesn't explicitly say that it has fresh water available, and grey and black water disposal. Is this because all sites are assumed to have these?

Steve

2. Oriel

Oriel

I would say even the basic sites would have the things you mention

3. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

If it's a club site yes I would have thought so but I see what you mean from the CC site listing. If it's a private site you will be able to get water but not necessarily have dump points. See the most recent thread on grey water disposal for a bit of a row discussion on this. Shell Island is one example: a huge 300 acre site that only has one toilet dump point and no provision at all for grey water.

4. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

yes to all three and as you suggest can be presumed will always be on CC club sites, but on that specific site that is about all you will get, not even sure about electrics, but beautiful location (y)

edit - just checked you have option for electrics, good value pricing as well £9.50 / £12.50 with / without electrics :)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  5. klaatu

klaatu Funster

OK - thanks everyone.