Extra DATA while in EU. (1 Viewer)

Feb 28, 2023
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
coachman travelmaste
Exp
Since 2016
My main SIM is from O2 and getting extra Data from RWG SIM with 200GB £20 p/m, that 100GB can roaming in EU.
Yesterday I got Email from RWG
“Due to changes in our wholesale roaming charges, the EU roaming allowance will fall to 20GB from 1st April 2024”.
Advice please - how other Funsters getting extra Data for roaming in EU?
I have an ee sim data only in my motorhome with an oyster connect Wi-Fi Ariel. I did a deal with EE and now have unlimited in Uk and EU roaming

Feb 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benivan
I’m about to sack RWG!
They were brilliant at first for our extensive EU travels starting in April 2023 but then they dropped 100GB of roaming off their 200GB EU inclusive bundle and then since November 2023, I’ve had nothing but connectivity issues. My device tells me that I’m still under the 100GB limit but RWG tell me I’ve used all of my 100GB data allowance?
There’s no way to verify this supposed usage independently 🤷‍♀️

If I were you I would contact your existing mobile data provider and ask what they can do for you. I’m with EE and they’ve just given me 125GB uncapped EU roaming per month for the same price as RWG’s 100GB.
Interested to hear how you get on with that .
It is , as you are probably aware , the complete reverse of what the mainstream providers allow

Feb 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
Itineo SB740
Exp
In second year of full time travel around Europe
Soooo glad I cancelled my RWG SIM a few months ago, they were an absolute nightmare to deal with and the service incredibly unreliable.

Third vote for the Tiekom Data SIM ("Only Data 400Gb EU")! We get 200GB a month for €44. Great customer service and you can pause it whenever you don’t need it.

Aug 16, 2022
Funster No
MH
detleffs
With Popit

you can but you have to use so much in UK first, I believe it’s unclear how much you have to use.
I’m going to get a French sim next time due to RWG’s policy change.
I had a bit of a back and forth with Popit who won’t define what ‘reasonable use’ is in the UK. I have used their Sims in France, Spain and Portugal and they have been fine. Trying IQ at the mo in Spain who are pretty clear that you can use your whole allowance.

Oct 3, 2023
Buckingham, UK
Funster No
MH
VW Crafter CR35 LWB
Exp
Several years under the belt....
My main SIM is from O2 and getting extra Data from RWG SIM with 200GB £20 p/m, that 100GB can roaming in EU.
Yesterday I got Email from RWG
“Due to changes in our wholesale roaming charges, the EU roaming allowance will fall to 20GB from 1st April 2024”.
Advice please - how other Funsters getting extra Data for roaming in EU?
Give these guys a try

https://connectpls.com/sim-card-only/

They do an unlimited package for £59.00 per month with a fair use policy of 400 GB. They get great reviews on TrustPilot and their SIM works in all EU countries.

I have corresponded with their MD before our current trip (in Morocco right now) and his responses were quick and clear. I did not use them myself as I needed Morocco package and the local INWI deal here is excellent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 29, 2020
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Apache 700
Exp
When we arrive in France we just go to E.Leclerc store and pick up a Reglo sim 200gb for 13.80 Euros a month stick it in our MIFI and that's it. Phones are on O2 so calls, text Inc with 25gb data.
Works for us, 😁

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
I suggest you try a different VPN if you’re having issues. Never had the problems you suggest. A VPN by the very nature of it, masks the traffic, so how on earth can the content providers identify your UK (via VPN) traffic as anything other than UK traffic.
And many VPN providers have apps for firesticks now, so it's TRIVIAL to make it seamless to your other apps.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
When we arrive in France we just go to E.Leclerc store and pick up a Reglo sim 200gb for 13.80 Euros a month stick it in our MIFI and that's it. Phones are on O2 so calls, text Inc with 25gb data.
Works for us, 😁
Do you get it registered in store.
Do you find coverage ok.cheers

Sep 29, 2020
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Apache 700
Exp
Do you get it registered in store.
Do you find coverage ok.cheers
We spent 3months last year touring France and didn’t find any issues with coverage.
Didn’t register it in store as the store we were in the cashier didn’t speak English and our French is woefully, but we managed to do it ourselves. Once back in the UK it was easy to cancel the sim, think we just emailed them and cancelled it along with the DD.
Just make sure, if you purchase in store you need your passport, they may ask you for an address, but we weren’t asked but if we had we would just use one of the campsites we had booked.

Jan 30, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
IH 630 FL
Exp
I have an ee sim data only in my motorhome with an oyster connect Wi-Fi Ariel. I did a deal with EE and now have unlimited in Uk and EU roaming
Can I ask how much you paid to use your phone and data abroad and how much data

Jan 7, 2023
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Wincester
Exp
Since Jan 2023
??? How did you do that?

Feb 28, 2023
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
coachman travelmaste
Exp
Since 2016
Can I ask how much you paid to use your phone and data abroad and how much data
I pay £27.5 for unlimited data at home and when roaming in EU. I did a deal with EE when I took out 4 different sim only deals at the same time.

Feb 28, 2023
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
coachman travelmaste
Exp
Since 2016
I pay £27.5 for unlimited data at home and when roaming in EU. I did a deal with EE when I took out 4 different sim only deals at the same time.
The unlimited data is only on the one sim not all four

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Unfortunately, in my experience, they do
They play cat and mouse with each other. You are right, the cheaper VPNs don’t keep ahead of the game so much so they get detected and blocked. I have used ExpressVPN for years and it has never let me down, not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back