External windscreen blinds

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Viennese, May 23, 2012.

1. Viennese

Viennese Funster

Which are the best?? For a Citroen Relay (same as all the other Euro vans really!)

2. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

There are 2 main brands Taylor Made or Silverscreens, personally prefer Silverscreens but its a matter of personal choice.

Both available via internet.

3. dewaltman

dewaltman

I've got silver screens and they do an excellent job keeping the front of my van warm with no condensation don't know about Taylormade

4. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

Silver Products 'Foldstar' screens are excellent value. They have a section which folds down to allow seeing outside during the day.
    We have used ours at minus 20 and they perform well.:thumb:

We bought ours from their ebay shop.

5. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I've owned both makes and TBH I think they are pretty much the same, I've presently got a Taylor Made set and the quality is very good. Silver Screens don't do shows, Tailor Made do the big shows; though the owner is the most miserable trader you'll ever meet, always seems to wear a scowl. Pick either and the screens will last for years. :thumb:

6. f6c

f6c Funster

external screens

Yes Jim you are right about the owner:Angry:

7. B-well

B-well Funster

Just enquired for a set from Taylor made for 1995 Hymer 534, quoted £150 seems reasonable unless of course any funsters have a set they are trying to dispose of

8. Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers Read Only Funster

....and on the otherhand, the owner of Silverscreens is a really nice chap! Very helpful when I spoke to him to order ours.

The Silverscreens also fold down to open the view of the screen in the daytime without removing it.

The other thing I like about Silverscreens (Taylor Made maybe the same) is the size of the storage bag. I can't remember how many things I've own in the past (Sleeping bags, tents etc) that have to be folded/rolled and slotted into a bag that always seems too small. The Silverscreen bag is more than adequate and it's simple to fold the screens and slot into the bag with out any need for someone else to help.

9. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Funster

10. Viennese

Viennese Funster

hi Ridgeway

Does your screen unzip or unroll down the front to let in light?

Many thanks

Catherine

11. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Funster

Not really, it's a pretty tight fit on the cab front so not much movement to roll anything up/down although it does help being tight with regards to wind.

12. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

We have a Taylormade and it works very well.
    It folds down at the front via industrial grade velcro, has magnets on the doors, velcro fastens under the mirrors and elasticated tie downs (with clips for the front grill), and it locates over the cab door corners.

It eliminates condensation and keeps the warmth in (or cool on a hot day) and folds up easily. It seems very robust so it should last a good while. I can get it into the large storage bag on my own, but of course, it is easier with two of us.

If it has been packed wet/damp I air it at the earliest opportunity, although a good shake seems to remove any water.

We went and collected it from Taylormade as we don't live to far away. He has quite a collection of vehicles to practice on, from vans to an American RV. I assume this is what he uses when he attends shows etc.

Hope my rambling has been of some use. :thumb: