Expensive Weekend 'Accent'

Discussion in 'Autocruise CH' started by Minxy Girl, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Well - we really enjoyed the Malvern show, it was good to meet some of you funny lot again and also some new funsters! :Laughing:

But ... it has proved to be an expensive weekend for us! We're changing our Chausson Flash 04 for a 2 month old Autocruise Accent on a Fiat 2.3 130 bhp van conversion.:BigGrin:

We think we've got a cracking deal and will be collecting it on 29th August from Camper UK. Can't wait!!! :thumb:

• Like Like x 6
  2. f6c

f6c Funster

Have Fun:Wink:

3. gozomike

gozomike Funster Life Member Life Member

Have a great time with the new van.

I guess you will no longer be one of the CLOWNS
    :Laughing:

[HI]Member of: Chausson Lovers', Owners', and Wandering Nutters' Society (CLOWNS) :BigGrin:[/HI]

4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

You wouldn't say that if you had met Mel, Mike :Laughing::Laughing::Laughing:

Hope you enjoy the van. Very good dealer, we bought ours from their Birtley branch.

5. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Better get the drill ready then Mel :BigGrin: I'm sure you will be fitting all your extras.
    Good to see you both again, and glad you had a good weekend. :thumb: Bob and Jane.

6. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi Mel,
    Glad you had good time, and hope you will be pleased with your new van,
    we did similar 18 months ago but we went from panel van tribute to Autocruise starfire small coachbuilt , now done most of adjustments etc to suit us. Since then we now have 2 granddaughters (WHOO-pee!!!) so now thinking in a couple of years might have to go to a four berth with four seat belts.
    Terry:Cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Minxy Girl

Cheeky boy! :BigGrin:

I must admit that Doug, the chap who mainly dealt with us, was very much more relaxed than when he worked for Brownhill, or the other company (was it Lowdhams?), all the chaps were very pleasant and helpful and all of them at one point were playing a game of "find the satellite input point" and "what do you do with the wooden carpet covered board thing", neither of which we actually found out!:Blush:

8. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

You little Minx you, have fun in your new van. :thumb:

9. Minxy Girl

You know me toooooo well Jane!!!!! :Blush: There are some things that I'll have a look at to see what can be done, such as somewhere to put my morning cuppa whilst still in bed and seeing if I can somehow magically squeaze the 11kg Gaslow bottle into the gas locker especially since it won't go through the door of it! :shout: Might have to remove the top of the locker and plop it in, then seal it all back up again! :BigGrin:

Good to meet you both again. :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Minxy Girl

Oh heck, hubby's got the spending bug! :Doh: he's bought a new 'toy' for the camper already!

After removing the existing rear-view camera system from the Flash, which took an age to do as he had to remove all the cabling etc, he said he fancied this one instead.

New toy

We met a chap on holiday earlier in the year who had bought one and it looked a very nice kit - he thought it was the bees-knees - as it is wireless there's no pratting running cables down and under the van either, plus it does sat nav and other things too. :thumb:

11. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi
    We know what you mean we did it at Knutsford picking up when we get back from Scotland and on the 7th Sept , we bought a E480 Bessacarr . Pete

12. Minxy Girl

I've started some thing with 'van' conversions, a couple of forumites on another forum have also gone over to van conversions now!!! :RollEyes:

13. Pikey Pete

Pikey Pete Read Only Funster

Missed your post and have just posted, seeking some one who has some experience of the Accent.
    Just seen one today and subject to agreeing on the PX I will buy it.:thumb:

Pete:Cool:

14. Minxy Girl

Oooooo ... it has spread to this forum!!! :Blush:

Well, off to bed now, early start tomorrow to pick up our new 'toy'.

Night-night all ....

:BigGrin:

15. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Right you little minx, it's tomorrow now, where are the piccies .......we want piccies. :thumb:

16. Minxy Girl

Well, we've got it! We’ve currently sitting in the new van on Camper UK's campsite. It took most of the day to sort it out but we finally got there! :BigGrin:

This morning they started transferring the solar panel across at around 9.30 am so we took the dogs for what turned out to be a very long walk. When we returned we were 'forced' to spend a lot of time sitting around and drinking hot chocolate from their machine (yummy!) and chatting to other motorhomers. We ate our sarnies (thankfully hubby made them before we set off this morning) and eventually got to have a good old shuftie at the van at around 2.00 pm but unfortunately we spotted the first problem. :Sad:

When we bought it part of the deal was to install a second leisure battery (there was already a 75 ah AGM one in) but instead of getting another matching AGM they'd fitted the largest standard lead acid ones they could - two 100ah Numax LV26MF - which have a 2 year warranty, however I wasn't happy as they are were cheapest basic ones so in the end they changed them for 2 x 100ah Numax CXV27MF ones which have a 3 year warranty, it means that instead of the 2 x 75 ah AGM type giving us 150 ah of power, we've got 2 x 100ah lead acid types giving us 200 ah of power! Whether it was the right decision or not, I don't know, but hopefully it was!!! :Eek!:

Once they'd changed the batteries we were then given a short hand-over and we commented on the large black band decals (to make it look like a factory type window van) which were coming away around the windows and at one edge, we’d spotted some of this when we saw it at the Malvern show and mentioned it then. Unfortunately as the decals are in two layers they can't simply be re-stuck, so it will need a completely new set of black band decals for both sides which they’ve ordered! It will probably mean taking the outside window frames off, cleaning it all up, then putting it all back again and making it watertight ... I can see that we’ll be having lots more hot chocolate!!! :Blush:

We were then let loose on the van to transfer out kit across which didn't take too long fortunately as we've only brought the bare essentials with us. Other than the battery issue we've not had any other problems and are very happy with the whole process (especially the hot chocolate! ). We're going back tomorrow as the kit they'd got for the solar panel didn't have the right connector in for our van (it has an input specifically for it), so they've ordered it and hopefully it will be here by lunchtime tomorrow so they can fit it after lunch, if not then they're going to attach the cables direct to the batteries for now and then we'll sort out getting the connector fitted later (either one of their techies will come and do it at our home, or they'll pay for someone local to do it).:thumb:

The bike rack they’ve put on is a very nice piece of kit ... and we got the rear-view mirror too that was missing originally! I’ve already ‘lost’ some bits as I can’t remember where I’ve stuffed them but I’ll find them when I get home! It is very cosy inside and we’ve finally got the gist of how the heating works (never had electric heating before) but it certainly warms the van up nicely. The bed make-up was fairly easy one I’d moved all our junk off it ... and the ‘loo’ has been christened too. :RollEyes:

We'll be off to bed shortly as we're jiggered - not much sleep last night, up early plus it's hard work sitting around most of the day (although the walk with the dogs was much longer than anticipated!). :Smile:

All in all, very please with the purchase and service from Camper UK. :thumb:

17. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

Hi guys can you let us know how you get on with this via pm if poss so I don,t miss it.
    Good luck with the new van can't wait for the pics:thumb:

18. Minxy Girl

Hi wizzer ... will do.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Minxy Girl

Been doing a few 'jobs' on the van today:

1) Removed the front dinette table and made a new one and put on some contrasting trim edging to make it match the wall cupboard - as the table is shorter but a bit wider it makes it easier to get from cab to the rear but we haven't lost any surface area. :Smile:

2) Removed the table top in the rear and replaced it with a smaller/lighter one (a large Lazy Susan that I bought from a car boot sale fo 50p!) so it now looks like a 'cafe bar'. :Cool:

3) Put up a TV bracket on the outside of the washroom wall panel, it sits over the end of one of the rear settees so we can watch TV there when we're in bed. :RollEyes:

4) I've also managed to squeeze a quart into a pint pot by getting the large Gaslow bottle into the gas locker AND into the smaller side of it - I had to remove the trim round the door aperture and a lump hammer came in handy too to make the base/stand a little bit slimmer to just get it in :Eeek: - it means we've still got storage for our hoses etc at the side of the bottle. Saves us having to buy 2 smaller Gaslow bottles and the extra kit so well happy! :thumb:

5) Finally I put the tea/coffee/sugar holder up above the hob ... so it now feels like home! :BigGrin:

I'll be doing more stuff tomorrow so when I get the change I'll take some piccies when it's nice and tidy again (it looks like a bomb has hit it at the moment! ) .

20. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Same on a boat, working on it is all part of the Fun.........:thumb:

and satisfying too when you achieve a result and wonder why the manufacturer didn't think of it!
    :Doh: