exhaust extension

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Hayleylulu, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

hi, can anyone out there tell me what i can do to extend the tailpipe on my motorhome as it has coroded and is sending fumes into the van through one of the vents. the rest of the exhaust is ok.

2. vwalan

vwalan Funster

trade the van in for a new one . you could get one with a smaller carbon footprint. :Rofl1::thumb:

3. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

u give me the money for a new one then i take credit cards or cash:Wink::Wink:

4. TJ-RV

TJ-RV Deleted User

Are there any exhaust shops over there? These guys would quickly (and cheaply) make a short extension that would slip over the good part of the existing exhaust. Another option might be to buy a piece of exhaust pipe (even cut a piece from one at a scrap yard) slightly bigger than the existing one, then cut slits in the end with a hacksaw. Slide it over the good exhaust and tighten down with a U-shaped exhaust clamp.

A Google turned up numerous ready-made examples such as this and this, but I didn't search specifically in the UK.

Here's an example of the exhaust clamp I mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2008
  5. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

Most exhaust suppliers and fitters should have something that'll fit if you can get the van, or the corroded piece to them.

Just watch the price though as some charge a lot more than others.......

I'd cut of the piece at the clamp and replace the whole tailpipe section.You don't mention the backbox so I'm assuming it's the pipe only.:thumb: