European Wild Camping GPS file (1 Viewer)

Our Bumble

Free Member
Jul 1, 2016
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
All, just to let you know I have just updated all our European wild camping files. Now includes locations in. Austria, Portugal, Spain, Andorra, France, Germany, Italy, Sicily, Belgium, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.

You can download either as single countries or as one file for all. I have saved as a pdf, so you can print or save to your tablet, phone or computer.

Let me know if this sort of thing is worth sharing? If so, any recommendations for improvements.

IMG_3061.JPG

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks - this is great - I have converted this to an Excel file so that I can import the locations into my SatNav directly if that is okay with you?

Chris

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Thanks for that.
Have you visited all these yourself or are you compliling from other people's input?
The reason I ask is that I've had a look at 3 random French co ords and 2 are aires already listed in a number of well known data bases, Chambord and Dunkirk, and 1, Avignon is actually well out in the Etang de Monro.
Please don't see this as a criticism, I usually travel solo so need the co ords I use to be spot on so nothing gets loaded to my files until I've checked them out.
Your listings are welcome and will be added to a number of collections I'll be checking out during the long winter months.
Keep 'em coming but maybe helpful to other users if you could identify, at least on the French ones, which are wild spots and which are recognised aires.
Thanks

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Many thanks for that it's great. I spoke to you before about all your blogs in one PDF file to read on an iPad. I've now done this from your great site and I've read all 2014 and am half way through 2015. A great read and I love your writing style .

I hope you can supply something similar for 2016. All in one PDF as I notice you've changed the way you do it on your website so I can't just join all the PDFs together.

Keep it up anyway I love your travels

OP
OP
Our Bumble

Our Bumble

Free Member
Jul 1, 2016
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for that.
Have you visited all these yourself or are you compliling from other people's input?
The reason I ask is that I've had a look at 3 random French co ords and 2 are aires already listed in a number of well known data bases, Chambord and Dunkirk, and 1, Avignon is actually well out in the Etang de Monro.
Please don't see this as a criticism, I usually travel solo so need the co ords I use to be spot on so nothing gets loaded to my files until I've checked them out.
Your listings are welcome and will be added to a number of collections I'll be checking out during the long winter months.
Keep 'em coming but maybe helpful to other users if you could identify, at least on the French ones, which are wild spots and which are recognised aires.
Thanks
These are all coordibates that we have compiled ourselves (no other input) and stayed overnight. We started collecting in 2014. We always try and caputre a picture of where we stay and show in our blog, so people can see what it looks like. There may be a handful of free or inexpensives aires when we first set out in 2014 and like with most things, it is only with experience and feedback like this, that we can improve.
We have all the base data to show the information and present on a map...which we intend to do when we get home. Updating with mobile wifi is a challenge!

OP
OP
Our Bumble

Our Bumble

Free Member
Jul 1, 2016
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
@Gazza333 cheers for the feedback x x x

I am not sure if I have told you the beginning....it all started as a bit of a newsletter for my mum, she has dementia. It was a way of sharing our strories and pictures with her. The newsletter distribtion list grew and so we moved to a weekly pdf magazine. The magazine grew to a point we did not have the capacity to email, so we built the website. A few people have asked for a pdf version, so when we get home we can look at consolidating....not sure how easy it will be but will have a go x

Russ Humphreys

Free Member
Aug 30, 2016
Trefonen
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbi
Hi,
Being lazy here has anyone managed to import these directly to something like OsmAnd?

I use android so can't use the ios app.

Thanks

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Thanks for the information it's much appreciated as we are doing Scandinavia next spring

OP
OP
Our Bumble

Our Bumble

Free Member
Jul 1, 2016
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
@Russ Humphreys probably best to export to excel and then to csv.

When we get home (in 6 months lol) we are going to do a few different versions so people can use in various ways. When we set out collating the info we never expected people would want our wild camping spots!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back