Free Member
May 6, 2013
liverpool
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs
Well I've gone and done it, signed on the dotted line, and surrendered my RV to CareAvan. They're re modelling the interior and exterior to use as a show Van for the rest of the year. The plans are stupendous, and I intend to post stage by stage impartial reviews on here..... If its not good, you'll hear about it..... Its a step out of both my and Careavan's comfort zones, but its too late for crossed fingers, we are GO.... She'll be ready for Newbury if anyone wants a nose, and I'd love any feedback, both during and after the refurb....

Stevewin999

Free Member
Feb 9, 2014
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Mirada RV
Exp
Is this the RV that is going to look like a New York apartment. If so I think you may have been on their stand when I visited the NEC the other week?
Steve

OP
OP
K

kimmy62

Free Member
May 6, 2013
liverpool
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs
It is, and I was.... Hello again.....:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Those guys are the best in the business. They did me a total refurb with floor, curtains and upholstery. There workmanship is second to none, and am not easily pleased. I heard stories that the leather would bag, but almost 12 months down the line with living in the van for most of the time its still like new. The hides they use are as good as anything found in Morocco.

Attachments

• RMB makeover 018.jpg
    RMB makeover 018.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 68
  • RMB makeover 014.jpg
    RMB makeover 014.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 66
  • RMB makeover 009.jpg
    RMB makeover 009.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 64
  • RMB makeover 017.jpg
    RMB makeover 017.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
K

kimmy62

Free Member
May 6, 2013
liverpool
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs
We have a floorplan and a mood board, but final decisions will be made when the innards get ripped out, so they can work round any limitations. I'm most excited about the improved kitchen, and bathroom/wetroom that's being installed. If anyone has suggestions, I'd love your input. They're going to be pushing the limits of what's feasible, this is a real 'explore the boundaries' project. Luckily, I'm pretty open minded about design, and I'm very much in the loop about fabrics and finishes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have had so many dealings with the company I reckon I am in a good position to give a pretty honest opinion.

The first involvement went a tiny bit squiffy as I was not happy with a particular bit. ( but I am a fussy sod when it comes to things I am paying for ! )

The reaction was astounding..

Massive apology instantly, and work rectified just as quickly ( and I mean there and then !! )

Since then had other stuff done and always got the best possible service and workmanship imaginable ..

Folk who know me know full well I do not beat about the bush.. I speak as I find be it good or bad.. CareAvan are right up there with the best companies I have ever dealt with .. You will NOT be disappointing :thumb:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Yeap, I can also fly the flag for CareAvan, we had our RV down there last year for a full re-furb (thanks to Jaws)
We stayed on site, for 3 1/2 days, they were very accomodating, we also had some issues, but again George and his team were excellent and we ended up with what we wanted and the work really was First Class!
Paul from CareAvan has been harping on about this modern design he has planned for your RV Kim, so I am pleased to hear it is finally happening for you all. Looking forward to seeing the new super uber pad!:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back