Entertaining sights

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jaws, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Just had the idea for this thread whilst reading the tuggers with water one..

Top of my list for entertainment value is the sat dish set ups

Just cracks me up some of the contortions folk seem to go through sometimes !

Also enjoy the awning set up games ( bonus points given for added lunatic kids and large unruly dogs 'helping' :BigGrin: )

So what do you folks find entertaining ?

2. yorkshirepudding

yorkshirepudding Read Only Funster

I watched a chap trying to set up his TV arial for three days. I spoke to him each day but he said he didn't need any help. Finally he got a signal.
    He had forgotten to switch from analogue to digital :Rofl1: :Rofl1: :Rofl1:.

Watching him and his wife was more entertaining than anything which may have been on the box.

3. madbluemad

madbluemad

Its got to be awnings and tv arials, they keeep me happy for hours. :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Its not a caravan thing by the way. Most of the tuggers on sites come across to me as being far more friendly than MH'ers.

Maybe MH'ers are far more up themselves.

Jim
    :Wink:

4. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Just goes to show we all seem to have our own vastly different experiences

On site I find that many tuggers are decidedly off'ish with us, yet M'homers are friendly to a fault...

I often get the feeling the tuggers look on us as some sort of johnny come lately, not quite nice, group of heathens and pretenders !

5. robnchris

robnchris Funster

waving

Having only owned out motorhome since last September we were puzzled on our first trip at the amount of people waving at us as we made our way down to Cornwall, we played a game saying ok who will wave in the next M/H driver, passenger or both.

What a friendly lot Chris said, until we got to the campsite, where had all those smiling waving faces disappeared to, most of the time whilst walking around the campsite people either looked away or down at the ground.
    Perhaps it`s us ... Naaah. can`t be.

6. ralph-dot

ralph-dot Read Only Funster

I love it when they get the awning set up and then discover the curtains are on the outside. :Laughing:

7. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Impressively accurate.

8. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

that's exactly what happens to us, friendly waving on the roads but wont speak on the campsites just pass us as if we dont exist, what's happened the friendly banter that we used to have when I first started out with a caravan with the kids 30 odd years ago?
    They are all in watching tv or on the pc I expect oh for those days back again:Sad:

9. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

People seem to have lost the ability to have fun now, Unless it comes packaged.

Used to love to stroll around site of an evening, talking to people sat outside their vans, now they are all inside blinds drawn no sign of life on the site, shame but as they say times have changed.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

10. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

All the friendly happy waving motorhomers have gone in the opposite direction, surely? :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

11. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

You could have something there:thumb:

I nobody waves, you're going the right way, if everybody waves the wrong, mmmmm:Rofl1:

12. imprint

imprint Read Only Funster

It won't apply to most of us, but hasn't occured to anyone to start the conversation?

OK, I'm not fussy, but honestly, smile say hello, what a nice van and they're your best friends for at least an hour. We've hardly met anyone who was rude, and you obviously wouldn't delay someone about to get moving, but when we graduated from tenting to MH, we were, and still are very impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of people we meet.

Say you like their all-white colour scheme, what a lovely doggy, but make the first move!

"Forget not hospitality to strangers, for some have thereby entertained angels unawares!"

13. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Spot on Imprint always say hello smile ask a question and it is only the odd one that is not friendly for the rest of the stay.

To the original question the funniest thing we seen in Scotland a couple of years ago a couple pulled up in there Motorhome they spent two hours setting up wiping everything down before using it even the electric cable wiped their shoes then set them down out side every time they went in the chairs were even cleaned, we thought they were settling down for a couple of weeks at least. Next morning they packed up going through the cleaning procedure all over again then left. :Eeek:

14. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Perhaps that's it..
    We tend to pull up, set up and go talk to next door ..
    never been made to feel out of place ( so far ! :BigGrin: )

15. gwnking

gwnking Read Only Funster

For us its got to be watching the awnings being erected, hours of fun and especially when its windy. Also the tv ariels twirling around. Who needs a tv when you've got other things to entertain you. When on a site in the Lakes last August bank hol, the weather was atrocious. We sat in m/h watching this couple trying to erect a tent and it was the smallest tent you ever saw, torrential rain, blowing a hooley and they stood studying the instructions on how to put it up :Rofl1:Through our blacked out windows we just howled with laughter. They even put tarpaulin over the top :BigGrin:. Next day they came back to site having bought a slightly bigger tent so the fun started again :Doh:. We did take pity on them when they decided to have a bar b q in the pouring rain, we let them use ours and take shelter to eat under our Outwell tarp so we're not that mean.

Dale

16. allie sommerville

allie sommerville Read Only Funster

I think we've often supplied the entertainment on Continental sites whilst trying to find a b****y electric hook-up that actually works :Angry:

Once we'd wised up, instead of optimistically parking the van onto a pitch and then having to move several times, my OH prowls with his trusty 'Multimeter' to find a viable hook-up :thumb:

We're often entertained by watching the lengths some people go to to get their set-up EXACTLY as level as the houses they've left behind.
    :BigGrin:

17. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Must admit I am one of those who likes a level van ( so tis good that I can both GET entertainment and give it too :Laughing: )
    I have no issue sitting, eating, cooking whatever with the van on the wonk, but a bad experience camping many years ago left me virtually unable to sleep unless the bed is as straight as a die

18. marymary

marymary

just have a bit more wine then you don't notice so much if its level........:Wink:

19. Castaway

Castaway Funster

Had a good laugh at someone on a club rally who, on departing, managed to pull down an overhead telephone cable after it got caught on their Status aerial. We never saw them again!
    However, last year, I managed to do the same thing to a PA system cable leaving a drag racing meeting. Oops! :Blush:

20. buttons

buttons Funster

Problem with some of them, without their motorhome they have little else. They feel more secure sitting in their space making fun of others doing proper camping, enjoying themselves..:Rofl1: