Endless Breeze fan

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by SMB, Aug 1, 2014.

1. SMB

SMB Funster

Hi

Anyone know where I can get a 12V to mains adapter for this fan, or a generic lead that would be compatible? Tried searching the internet without luck.

2. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

If this is for use in the motorhome, why would you want to run it off 230V mains? If a mains fan is required, there lots of much cheaper models available than the Endless Breeze. Or am I missing something?

3. SMB

SMB Funster

I like to have the option of running the fan off both, same as the TV I have fitted. The less items using the leisure batteries when I am on hookup the better.

4. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

Endless breeze uses relatively little electrical current, especially when you have got the van on a hook-up. Even if you were on a small French site with as little as 3amp mains supply (and there are still a few places around with only that available), it would easily keep the leisure battery charged and run your fridge at the same time the fan is on. I agree with JeanLuc. Your leisure battery is - in effect - acting as a mains adaptor, in this instance.

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  5. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

Not true really - if you are on hook-up, the charger will be putting current into the leisure batteries faster than an Endless Breeze (or TV) can take it out again. Unless you are running heavy current 12V items, there is little point in running them from a 230V-12V adapter. I cannot think of any 12V items we use that would fit that description.
    Now running high consumption 230V AC items from 12V DC via an inverter is a completely different matter of course. Then you can deplete the leisure batteries quickly, but on hook-up, you would not use an inverter anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SMB

SMB Funster

Thanks for the advice chaps, however it still doesn't answer my question. Also, my inverter is next to the bed I use in the summer, the fan will be handy to help keep cool and the nearest 12v point is too far away without an extention cable which I also cant find on the internet. No aircon in my van unfortunately.

7. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mousy

Mousy Funster Life Member

Hi our daughter is off to the States tomorrow, we've asked her to try and buy us an endless breeze fan. Would you like her to buy you an extension cord, as in the link below? We would also need an adapter for home use. But not sure they do one for uk.

http://www.endlessbreeze.com

• Like Like x 1
  9. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

• Like Like x 1
  10. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

• Like Like x 1
  11. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

• Like Like x 1
  12. SMB

SMB Funster

Thanks everyone for your replies, and sorry Mousy, I just got yr message today but it was very kind of you to offer. I will have a look at the websites links, thanks again

• Like Like x 1
  13. carolyn

carolyn Funster

We bought one from Maplins and used it at home with the endless breeze in the recent heatwave. It is called High power 12volt accessory socket AC/DC adaptor and the code is L25AY.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

You will probably find you can get a better mains fan for less than the cost of the adaptor. I am currently in my rather warm study with a 16" free standing mains fan on the lowest speed producing a mighty wind. Cost was £16.99

• Like Like x 1