Emptying your Water tank

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by bobandjanie, Nov 26, 2010.

1. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Hi, looking on another forum and reading about draining water tanks. :Smile:

Do you know " How to drain your tank " On our last van a Swift Kontiki the Drain tap was down the back of the tank and a nightmare to Open and to drain, the water heater a Carver you take the plastic plug out of it and its on the outside of the van and looks like this:

The Plug screws out. So find your drain tap on / near / or in your water tank and Open it.Take the drain plug out the water heater Open taps and remove shower head and blow!!!:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: And your system should be EMPTY. :Smile: Bob.

Attached Files:

2. bobandjanie

The van we have now, :Smile: you remove the caps on top of the water tank put your hand inside and pull the plugs out ( we have two ).:BigGrin:

The water heater / boiler is a truma that dumps the water this time of year. :Doh: And still has a valve that you can push down to empty and it all looks like this:

So do you know how to empty yours ? if not ask............. someone will.:BigGrin: Bob.

Attached Files:

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

you aint kidding with the kontiki.....a real pain to reach.

i found by slipping your left arm down the left hand rear corner of the tank you can reach the tap quite easily.

took me two years to work that out :Doh:

4. bobandjanie

Hi John, I would say it would easy on an RV being American and everything being Big and if you cant see it................:Wink: You should have gone to specsavers.:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: Bob.