Elddis advice please (1 Viewer)

Scunny-Arfie

Free Member
Sep 21, 2008
Scunthorpe
Funster No
I've been a member on here since i purchased my first m/h on Sept 7th 08, i am yet to use the m/h as it has since being bought been either broke down on my drive or in various garages being repaired. After many many phone calls to the seller he has offered to take my m/h back provided i purchase another m/h from him, it is a "2002 Elddis Xpedition 100 Peugeat 2.0 td", i was wondering if any member has any experience with one of these vehicles, are there any problems with this model i should know about ?, would you recommend this vehicle ?.
I have visited this site almost every day since joining, reading all your posts wanting so much to be able to join you on a meet, maybe pick your brains for tips but as i've been stuck with a very troubled m/h i have not dared to book or arrange to meet, hopefully if the "Eldiss Xpedition" is ok i maybe able to meet up with you all very soon.
Many Thanks.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Blimey matey you ain't got off to a good start.

Sorry but I don't know anything about that particular van but someone will be along soon who does I am sure.

Hang in there fella, once you get you MH sorted and get to one of our meets you will realise it has been worth the wait.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scunny-Arfie

Scunny-Arfie

Free Member
Sep 21, 2008
Scunthorpe
Funster No
Repairs

They have paid for the repairs so far ( well almost, i paid the first £420 which included 12 month mot, wheel baring, battery + dash board lights never worked) they have paid about £1600, it is now in for its second gearbox in 120 miles, its also had a new clutch (i've offered to pay half for that but as i've only driven it back from the garage before gearbox broke again i have'nt paid that yet) a new "cold start pump actuator, earth lead and so on". I must admit they've paid up for the repairs but the problem is i dont feel i have had a vehicle that i paid about £11,900 for as it has never been no further than 110 miles of my own use though its done about 300 to + from garages. I would prefer a total refund but thats another matter.

:cry:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Xpedition is a name used by one of the dealer chains (don't know which one) to badge vans which have that dealer's extras pack over the basic van (in this case an Elddis Autoquest 100).

We bought our Autoquest 100 (first registered March 2004) in June 2006 and have been very pleased with it. It's sold as a 4 berth but it's really ideal for two. We've just spent the weekend at Newark in ours reliant only on our own facilities.

When the original 85 Ah battery fails I'll replace it with a larger one but no sign of that happening yet. I also replaced the gas pipe between the regulator and bottle with one of the Gaslow steel ones - partly to avoid potential regulator problems and partly because it's a lot easier to change between gas bottles with the hand wheel on the Gaslow pipe rather than using a spanner on the conventional one.

Currently changing tungsten bulbs for LEDs (just bought some at Newark) which will take less juice. Otherwise we've made no modifications other than add the odd hook and removable shelf to help with stowing stuff.

If you have any specific questions please PM me and I'll do my best to answer.

Graham

Lloydie

Free Member
Jan 1, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
15 months
Hi,

We've got the Autoquest 120 Expedition, as Garaham says, I think it was Hayes who did "Expedition" badge, as ours came from them originally. The Expedistion gives you: electric heating, central locking, electric windows, loose lay carpets and a few other bits that are optional extras over the standard van. Over a grands worth easily.

Only had ours for a couple of months, but really love it. A week in the new forest and a couple of day trips so far. Small enough to park anywhere, but to quote Graham again, it's plenty big enough for just the two of us. The 2.0 Peugeot engine is more than man enough for a van less than 18 feet long.

Good luck, once you get a van that you are happy with, it's a wonderful way to spend weekends and holidays.

Lloyd.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
They have paid for the repairs so far ( well almost, i paid the first £420 which included 12 month mot, wheel baring, battery + dash board lights never worked) they have paid about £1600, it is now in for its second gearbox in 120 miles, its also had a new clutch (i've offered to pay half for that but as i've only driven it back from the garage before gearbox broke again i have'nt paid that yet) a new "cold start pump actuator, earth lead and so on". I must admit they've paid up for the repairs but the problem is i dont feel i have had a vehicle that i paid about £11,900 for as it has never been no further than 110 miles of my own use though its done about 300 to + from garages. I would prefer a total refund but thats another matter.

:cry:

Your the motor dealers dream customer paying for an MOT etc!

Sounds like the garage is either doing a bodge job, s/h gearbox maybe but at £1600 a pop.............. its shouldnt break!

Peter

Caggsie

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
N Wales
Funster No
Exp
2 yrs
I really feel for you, however I'm confused your avatar says you have an autotrail not an elddis?

I would feel totally despondent about it all, not being able to use a van since Sept 08. I would I think at this stage want to trade in so long as I have the guarantee of the same value as I'd paid.

regards

Karen

OP
OP
Scunny-Arfie

Scunny-Arfie

Free Member
Sep 21, 2008
Scunthorpe
Funster No
elddis

i have an Autotrail at the moment + its the problem, i was asking for info on the Elddis 100 as i hope to exchange for that model.
:Smile:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
It would be interesting and useful to know were you bought the offending van?

Doug.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back