Elddis 175 majestic

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Dave K, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Dave K

Dave K Funster

Hi all
    We're thinking about changing the MH and have been looking at a Elddis 175 majestic, the layout would suit us and will give us more room than our current Bolero which seems to be a money pit at the mo!
    Just wondered if anyone has any experience of these, I know Elddis is at the lower end of the market but so is our budget tbh, I've looked at German vans but the lack of lounging space puts us off, the thought of sitting at a dining table all the time wouldn't work for us I don't think, in an ideal world we want 2 settees that can be used as single beds, then the dogs can sleep between them, anyway any advice/ suggestions would be welcome
    Thanks
    Dave

• Like Like x 1
  2. MH 55 FUN

MH 55 FUN Funster

We've recently bought a 1 owner, low mileage, 2010 Elddis Autoquest 145 & although a different model to yours, we are very pleased with it for the price we paid.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gosport Tim

Gosport Tim Funster

Our first van was an Elddis Autoquest 140 and to be honest it did not come with all the 'bells and whistles' but it was very functional and reliable, not a bad word to say really. It did have the rear lounge with the long side settees and an overcab bed, as you say it is a budget van and the finish and fit reflect the price which in my opinion is good value for money.

• Like Like x 2
  4. tjay

tjay Funster

We had an 2014 Autoquest 175 for 2 years and never had any problem with it. Only small complaint was that you could only fill the water tank by using a caravan type pump to transfer water to the onboard tank !! (did cange it to a "normal" motorhome filler so i can fill it with a hose more easily)
    We have however ordered an Autoquest 155 so that we can take our grandaughter (4 years old) with us as there are 2 travel seats fitted c/w safety belts !! Sorted
    Delivery schedule for mid May.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  5. RichardB

RichardB Funster

Hi. I have an 2011 Elddis Sunquest 100 (Autoquest in disguise!)
    It is a great van and although we have had a few little issues there has been nothing that we couldn't fix ourselves. The only issue at the moments the same as @tjay has said about filling the water tank - I may change it to a proper filler but as we are thinking of trading in for a Majestic later this or early next year, I might not.
    Richard

• Like Like x 2
  6. wingman

wingman Funster

Although I don't have the 175, I have a 2014 'Majestic' 155. The extras that Marquis add to the standard Elddis 155 are pretty good.

Have had no problems with the van and no warranty work required (Shhhhh!). Overall, very pleased with the package. It suits our needs and is good value.

• Like Like x 3