EHIC will cover us in case of no deal according to Martin Lewis in some cases. (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I am a great fan of his weekly email and usually read it carefully but missed the most important update yesterday!
In the event of a no deal travellers whose trips straddle the 31st october ( assuming it happens or not on that date) will be covered for their health care needs by the government until their return in the same way as they are now. If there is a deal then hopefully there will be a reciprocal arrangement until December 2020 anyway.
There is lots of info so read it for yourselves as well please. I am only trying to be helpful, Nick and I always have comprehensive insurance as well anyway but I know lots on here don’t and have been wondering.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I seem to remember reading ages ago, when it seemed that Br**** would be a simple process, that EHIC was nothing to do with the EU.
It was a separate agreement that shouldn’t change after we leave the EU.

Perhaps all this talk of loosing EHIC is just another example of ‘Project Fear’ or perhaps not.
No doubt we will all find out eventually....................if we live that long. :Eeek:

Richard

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
I seem to remember reading ages ago, when it seemed that Br**** would be a simple process, that EHIC was nothing to do with the EU.
It was a separate agreement that shouldn’t change after we leave the EU.

Perhaps all this talk of loosing EHIC is just another example of ‘Project Fear’ or perhaps not.
No doubt we will all find out eventually....................if we live that long. :Eeek:

Richard

It will disappear with a 'Boris' (No) Deal. The British Embassy were saying this week that the govt. were asking individual EU countries about the UK continuing funding EHIC and other costs for perhaps 6 months but the French and others had yet to agree...

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
After three medical problems in 4 years my wife and I were refused use of the EHIC card each time. They appear to be in love with credit cards though. Once we produced our debt card they were all over us.
These were public hospitals and not private. Always have travel insurance.

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
My understanding was that the 'six months' payment of Health Care refered to existing S1 Holders already resident in the EU, as Moulin 87 has already pointed - out the use of the EHIC System will end with 'Brexit', if there is no deal.

Robert

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
As a rough guide a stay in a French hospital is about €1000 a night, plus costs for treatment etc.etc. EHIC USED to cover about 70% of that cost.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As a rough guide a stay in a French hospital is about €1000 a night, plus costs for treatment etc.etc. EHIC USED to cover about 70% of that cost.
Spain the same ( as I found out when I also discovered my EHIC card had run out !!! ( Yep.. moron !! )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back