EBL 119 LRM1218 wiring diagram (4 Viewers)

OP
OP
Neckender

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Hi John, yes it's a good feeling. It did show a full 13.5v on the display but that was short lived and it seems to be a constant 12.7v. I haven't put a meter on the battery yet. My confusion comes with the indicator lights. In the Schaudt instructions it talks of green and yellow lights. I' got a green light but the other is orange??? Both are on most of the day but go out as the sun sets.

Yes mine are green and orange.
John.

OP
OP
Neckender

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I have had problems with the vehicle battery not charging after the leisure batteries go to 13.6 float charge,I’ve emailed supplier and Udo Lang at Schaudt and all they said was check that the cab battery was connected to the LRM1218.

I posted my problems on outandaboutlive forum and Alan from AAcaravans posted that the EBL119 is similar to the EBL99 and needs the 5 cable wiring harness fitted and the 3 wire has to be adapted to 2 wire as in the installation instructions. Since doing this my vehicle battery is now charging.

@SandraL you were correct with your information you gave me last year, also thanks to @Lenny HB for his help.
Ok, suggest you download a copy of ebl119 manual. If you google it aan caravan services have a download available. Or you can get it from schaudt website.
I think that your jpeg 511 and 513 are the same and the ones you want. The large cable goes into ebl and original plug is plugged into new cable. This gets power to starter batt. The 3 way plug with 2 wires cable goes to ebl and supples power to charge leisure batt. All becomes clear, ish, when you look at schematic drawing at back of the ebl manual.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave Cohen

Free Member
Aug 13, 2018
Funster No
Hi,
just recently purchased a Globecar Campscout. Had lots of fun but it has a Lithium leisure battery and the EBL119 is not supposed to charge those! Is it hard to fix up two leisure batteries?
WIll the solar panels be damaging the (very expensive) Power Xtreme X30 Lithium battery - I guess that should remove that ASAP.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Hi,
just recently purchased a Globecar Campscout. Had lots of fun but it has a Lithium leisure battery and the EBL119 is not supposed to charge those! Is it hard to fix up two leisure batteries?
WIll the solar panels be damaging the (very expensive) Power Xtreme X30 Lithium battery - I guess that should remove that ASAP.
Depends if the solar regulator is the correct one for the lithium battery

Dave Cohen

Free Member
Aug 13, 2018
Funster No
Thanks for replying.
It seems that these particular lithium batteries have a built in charger that can take 14.6 volts. The campervan has the Shraud MRM 1218. Does that get fed directly to the battery? Or moderated by the 119 charging circuit? I guess that that solar regulator is designed to feed directly to a Gel battery.
When we got the van the solar was disconnected (fuse removed). Perhaps this is why?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Thanks for replying.
It seems that these particular lithium batteries have a built in charger that can take 14.6 volts. The campervan has the Shraud MRM 1218. Does that get fed directly to the battery? Or moderated by the 119 charging circuit? I guess that that solar regulator is designed to feed directly to a Gel battery.
When we got the van the solar was disconnected (fuse removed). Perhaps this is why?
The EBL 119 has a Gel 14.4v setting and a AGM 14.7v setting so make sure it is set correctly
I cant comment on your regulator as Ive never heard of tit. Unless you mean Schaudt LRM1218
Then I think it should have adjustable settings.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The campervan has the Schaudt LRM1218. Does that get fed directly to the battery? Or moderated by the 119 charging circuit? I guess that that solar regulator is designed to feed directly to a Gel battery.
The connections on the EBL from the regulator feed straight through to the batteries, there is a shunt in line with the leisure batteries but doesn't have any effect on charging just there for use with more sophisticated control panels.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back