ebay

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by darklord, Apr 1, 2012.

1. darklord

darklord Read Only Funster

Just a reminder,....I needed a starting handle for my old landie. Went on ebay, they started at £15, some with delivery of between £8.50 and £14.00, some were "buy it now" at £29.00.

I looked at my usual supplier, a major parts stockist in Matlock, £19.00 including VAT and delivery........................just goes to show, dunnit.:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 2
  2. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

used that supplier many times

I have over the years ordered parts from that supplier in Matlock .. always gave a good service.. funny Sue was digging about in a cupboard and out came a yellow mug they sent me many years back.. cracked .. but with the words.... Land Rover owners do it in fields...

I have had everything from tyres on the wheels to clutches to door tops and many other items.. and yes they would have beaten ebay if ebay had been about in those days.. not everything is cheaper on ebay... but you do get a choice.

I wanted a stand for my Lap steel guitar .. looked up organ stands and found a good half a dozen from £17 to £200 .. settled on one for £32 including postage that look alike it is adjustable to the size I need.. but could not get it from any of the local music stores.. But Land Rovers are a different world.

Bob

3. mick noe

mick noe Funster

Yes it always pays to shop around. I always check Amazon against ebay prices they are often lower.Having said that I just saved £60 on ebay with Hamilton gas as apposed to my local dealer!:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  4. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

5. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Be warned Amazon can be dearer, certainly is for most things I list on there, their costs are very high compared to ebay, frankly on some of the prices on there with some people they are losing money hand over fist, no point in working just to turn over cash as far as I am concerned.

Peter

6. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

I agree. Pointless unless you are trying to crush a competitor.

7. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

8. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

I applied to sell on amazon and you cant get hold of your money until 14 days after you have sold, sold on ebay after although the fees are a lot when you take the final value fee, paypal fee,and the listing fee I might have well sold elsewhere.