Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Just wondering if anyone can throw some light on why when we are on EHU 1) The green telltale on the control board lights then immediately goes out when we switch on the mains switch - and 2) the hab.battery monitor shows 15 or so (charging) ...

but when using the generator (1kw invertor) 1) The green telltale stays on and 2) The hab.battery monitor only shows same as when on just solar???

Everything works the same on both options.

:RollEyes:

OP
OP
stcyr

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
It's a "Bord-control" panel with 3 circuit breakers, 12v on/off, tank & battery level guages etc., and a little green light which normally lights up and virtually immediately goes out when on EHU. We have only just started using the generator down on Wildman's site and only just noticed that for some reason this green light stays on. Just puzzled as to why it should behave differently on EHU (230v) to generator (230v). I'd expect it to behave the same? Also, as I said, on EHU the battery monitor goes up to 14 or 15+ but now on generator it is showing same as on solar. Just concerned generator may've affected the charger in some way ... :Smile:

(1991 Dethleffs, same as Hymer...)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
could be because the genny doesnt have a true earth...only an internal earth.

some control panels even show this as reversed polarity when on a genny for some reason.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I agree with PapaJohn as that being the most likely cause.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back