e block removal (1 Viewer)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
ive been reading up on the electrics on my new to me delphin and it seems the e block realy isnt up to a good wild camping setup im considering removing it has anyone else done similar?
i would obviously loose the the display screen but could have other gauges, the water levels dont bother me when the shower doesnt run away the waste is full and the fresh empty
a multiway fuses board and either a split charge system or b 2 b
and a decent intelligent charger
if i do it now i can probably sell the e block
any thoughts?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
By "e block" do you mean the Elektroblock? If so I wouldn't worry about using the van away from EHU. We've had our t625 Harmony (forerunner of the Delphin) since February 2012 and the vast majority of our usage has been off hook-up, with the solar panel keeping the batteries charged. We've had no problems with the Elektroblock.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Ours has the Reich eBox fitted which I think is overcomplicated, but since I fitted the 150 watt solar and the extra battery, we manage fine as we mostly use THS's, we only use hook ups now if they're included in site fees.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Have 2 solar panels on mine and 2 times 110amp batteries this is how it left showroom new as extras. I read that article too and shit myself for a while lol

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
I can see no reason why the Electroblock cannot be replaced, on my boats I have always rewired them and made custom switch panels. The benefits I would see are that you can select a charging system to suit your set up, you can use circuit breakers rather than fuses, you can arrange the circuits as you need, and of course you will really know what is going on inside

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You will only overload the e-block if you are trying to charge say 2 leisure batteries and engine battery when all 3 batteries are flat enough to draw the full charging current. If you have solar panels not likely to happen very often if at all, engine battery will normally be charged enough that it will only take a trickle charge so the charger will cope with the leisure batteries. If you fitted a BtoB use will easily be able to bring the leisure batteries up to a good state of charge from the alternator.

Last edited:

Kenneth Macinnes

Free Member
Nov 27, 2016
Tarbert argyll
Funster No
MH
Burstner delphin 695
Exp
Since 2000
Hi how did u get on with e block ?? Mine has just packed up So if u want to sell your one

Kenneth Macinnes

Free Member
Nov 27, 2016
Tarbert argyll
Funster No
MH
Burstner delphin 695
Exp
Since 2000
Ha ha hope not Mine is gubbed and I really need it this wk , think I will try and get someone to fit a complete new system bit more reliable

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back