E-Bike Battery Charging on 12V (1 Viewer)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
The original post was asking how would you charge a nominally 36v (or possibly 24 or 48v) bike battery from a nominally 12v supply. What's an "average" motorhome owner anyway? Rather than all the noise and misinformation of the other posts, including using inverters which specifically the original questioner wanted to avoid, I've actually answered the question put. I prefer to do that rather than write a post according to the lowest common denominator of half wit that may be frequenting these forums.

That said, if there are non technical people reading, buy the ready made charger.

If there are others who are technical and understand the charging article, and like a bit of DIY the modules suggested are the correct cccv modules for the task but you will, of course, have to set it up correctly using the two screw pots on the device...duh!

If you are non technical and opt for the module, set it up wrongly, have a battery without overcharge protection and your bike battery explodes due to you over charging it and you kill yourself in a MH fire, well that's evolution and still ultimately good for the species going forward.
Firstly IT A FORUM of which MANY on here have LOADS of MH experience so ALL OF THE NOISE as you rudely put it is RELEVANT to the OP post.............
If as you say buy the correct module to change the battery (which should have come with the eBike) should NOT be plugged into the standard 12volt socket as it will BLOW the fuse as many MH have a 3amp fuse fitted for the lighter socket!
Then the OP ASKED: "Now, on face value, this transformer looks just the ticket & would look like a straight "connect to 12V, connect to e-bike battery, job done", but I'm guessing its not probably as simple as that, so am looking for advice please. In a nutshell, would you do this?"

Therefore the replies are NOT MISINFORMATION - they are what other knowledgeable members have found, used or recommend as the OP stated "In a nutshell, would you do this?"
Lastly the OP included a direct link to something off eBay believing / thinking it would do the job. At NO STAGE do I read BUY IT BUY IT - only friendly knowledgeable advice.
Perhaps your new to the MH game (judging by your new membership) but PLEASE do not TELL ME that the advise or help I give to any member on here is all noise and misinformation!

I hope that many of the members on here reading your polite post do not think you are referring to them as half wits

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back