DVLA CONTACT

Discussion in 'How To' started by voyager 1, Jul 7, 2014.

1. voyager 1

voyager 1 Read Only Funster

I am having trouble contacting dvla medical, just rec'd letter from them today dated over a week ago, and has given me 21 days to respond or licence will be revoked. Ive been constantly trying to get through to them. Can't even email them as response from them takes 2 weeks. Cannot believe this. Has anyone got different contact no. as at wits end.

2. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

go through to a different section, ask to speak to a manager to make a complaint and then hey presto, you should be transferred through

• Like Like x 1
  3. voyager 1

voyager 1 Read Only Funster

Tried that same problem, the lines are now closed will have to try again tomorrow another day closer to loosing liscence.

4. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

You wont loose it for good... Can still apply even past the deadline.. Get medical done and re-apply...
    My HGV ran out once and I thought I had lost it, 2 years later I enquired and was still "entitled" did medical and bingo all re-newed..

5. Debs

Debs Funster

We had this recently, our daughter who has type 1 diabetes only has her license issued for two years at a time. She got her renewal letter but ticked the wrong box regarding eyesight ( this was her first renewal). First we knew was that they revoked her license with immediate effect.

I have never, ever dealt with such a load of jobsworths - nothing we could say or do made the slightest difference, even though her job relied on her driving! Her gp even tested her eyes and faxed the results and a covering letter. We also sent copies of the hospital tests from a month earlier.

They did reinstate her licence but it took 8 weeks - unbelievable.

Best of luck