• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Duvalay bedding (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Due to change of motorhome we have 2 sets of Duvalay bedding for sale. Each set has a spare set of covers.
£75 prefer collection (or at Wildge's new year do at the Grouse and Claret) due to the bulk but will consider posting at cost.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
There are various different types of Duvalay bedding, and also different sizes and different colours. It would probably be helpful if there was more information on what you have available for sale.

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
As far as we were aware there was only one type of single Duvalay memory foam bedding. I'm talking of genuine Duvalay not generic names. These were over £200 for the pair.
The colour is a sort of purple.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
A female perspective......
"They are like sleeping bags with a memory foam mattresses and a duvet ,so all comes apart to be washed ...have loved them as put together they fit a double bed but we now have two three foot single beds so hence the sale .."

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I am now confused by your two posts as to whether this is for a double or for single beds. The post above seems to indicate double, but the one above that says single. I could be interested if I could work out what you are selling.

Deleted User
Duvalays can be zipped together to form a double or used singly, they do however come in 3 different foam thicknesses, 2 different widths and a range of different colours.

It may help to make a sale if the seller looked at the Duvalay website to ascertain exactly what they are selling.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
And I thought it was perhaps just me that was struggling to understand precisely what the OP has for sale. There are, as matamoros has highlighted, a significant number of variations.

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
If it helps seller I can add that we use duvalays on single beds but without memory foam insert in (now used as toppers on mattress on bed at home). So now have sheet and duvet all in one acting like a sleeping bag that we can get in and out of easily! Although wider than single bench bed the sheet bit fits bench/bed without memory foam inside and duvet but can be arranged/manoeuvred to fit and during day put a throw over to become 'lounge/settee' seat.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
Duvalays can be zipped together to form a double or used singly, they do however come in 3 different foam thicknesses, 2 different widths and a range of different colours.

I didn't realise about the zipping together, but apparently the OP had a double bed and now has singles, so I still do not really understand it.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
And I thought it was perhaps just me that was struggling to understand precisely what the OP has for sale. There are, as matamoros has highlighted, a significant number of variations.

In fact, there seem to be more variations than indicated above as they seem to come in two different lengths, 4 different foam thicknesses and two different tog ratings, plus a summer and winter version.

I think the OP has been a little light on detail if wanting to ensure an easy sale!

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Right, wrist slapped, I will try and clarify. They are two singles each memory foam being 2' 3" wide with a duvet that is twice that. From memory (sorry about the pun) the foam is 50mm thick. I say from memory because they are in the van in storage. These don't zip together but we used them pushed together to make a double.
The reason we are selling them is that the old bed was a 4' 6" wide double which suited them whereas the new van has single beds 3' 0" wide and we can get wider duvets on them plus, most importantly (?) they don't match the vans decor.
Sorry for any confusion.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
That rules me out as I am looking to make a double, so I guess I need the zips version.

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Golygfor, yes they are. We will be going to the Chester rally if that's any use to you.

Apologies, but apparently these have been earmarked for standby duties in the house in case we have visitors. So unfortunately they are no longer for sale.

Last edited:

Golygfor

Free Member
Oct 1, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781
Exp
Ex tower now converted
Humm, no we're not and it's miles away. Could I organise pick up from you with myhermes?
Just to clarify, lol, these include the mattresses and sheets? The whole thing? Do they have bags? Can I have your postcode to work out courier? And finally, what condition are they in?! Sorry for the interrogation!

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Humm, no we're not and it's miles away. Could I organise pick up from you with myhermes?
Just to clarify, lol, these include the mattresses and sheets? The whole thing? Do they have bags? Can I have your postcode to work out courier? And finally, what condition are they in?! Sorry for the interrogation!

Sorry Golygfor, they're no longer for sale. Please see my edit above.

Golygfor

Free Member
Oct 1, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781
Exp
Ex tower now converted
Hi. Yes we are still Looking and interested. £100 for the 2? By white, do you mean the covers?

Golygfor

Free Member
Oct 1, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781
Exp
Ex tower now converted
Great. Well, I'm in pembrokeshire so could be worse! Do you venture Carmarthen way? we are in Swansea this weekend too.

Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
Great. Well, I'm in pembrokeshire so could be worse! Do you venture Carmarthen way? we are in Swansea this weekend too.
I'm sorry I'm going to Cambridge on Thursday Won't be back until Sunday evening. Could do Carmarthen on Manday if that's ok.

Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
That would be great. Let me know where and when and I'll meet you. Thank you
I will meet you at Morrisons store on Monday in Carmarthen about 1pm is that ok.ive looked it up and The address if you need it is Parc Pensarn,Carmarthen, SA31.If by any chance either of us can't make it please let me know by Monday morning.
Look forward to meeting you.Enjoy your weekend.

Aug 11, 2016
ipswich
Funster No
MH
Not sure
Exp
1 year
This thread has had me chuckling. I could visualise the Monty Python boys giving it some airing.

Golygfor

Free Member
Oct 1, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781
Exp
Ex tower now converted
I will meet you at Morrisons store on Monday in Carmarthen about 1pm is that ok.ive looked it up and The address if you need it is Parc Pensarn,Carmarthen, SA31.If by any chance either of us can't make it please let me know by Monday morning.
Brilliant. Thanks. 1pm is fine. See you then!

Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
You've lost me with the Monty python?! :smiley:
Hi, will you still be going to Carmarthen today to meet up.please let me know what kind of vehicle you will be in.Thanks.why our messages make that person chuckle amazes me. Anyway see you later.

Golygfor

Free Member
Oct 1, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781
Exp
Ex tower now converted
Well, this group is brilliant! Thank you @Alfieplustwo for the duvalays, Perfect. Such a lovely strong lady. Go girl! Xxx :inlove:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back