Ducato 2.8jtd warning light Help!!!

Discussion in 'Fiat' started by hogan, Feb 25, 2009.

1. hogan

hogan Read Only Funster

Hi all
    Just serviced my Hymer changed fuel filter and brake fluid etc.Whilst doing this I noticed the red engine warning light staying on (the one that looks like a injector) everything thing else seems to be ok engine smooth etc no leaks.
    Has anyone got any ideas what I have done wrong ???????.
    I have just spent 2 days trying to fix it and have looked through lots of sites.
    The only thing I have read is a poss poor block connector in the wiring from the throttle pedal.Has any one got any idea where I can find this connector I have tried to trace the cable from the pedal but it just disappears into the wiring loom.
    Just completed a 5000 mile trip with no problems trust me to co**k it up while giving it a service.

2. wizza

wizza Funster

Inj Light

Hi
    If you changed the fuel filter you have to turn the ign on and off about 10 times before starting leaving the ign on for about 5 secounds each time to get the fuel into the new filter or it will cause a fuel pressure fault to pop into the ecu

3. hogan

hogan Read Only Funster

This may well be the problem then thank you ,but how can I get the light to go off as the motor is running ok???

4. dazzer

dazzer Read Only Funster

fraid it a trip to a man with a clever box that he can plug in and reset the error codes :Angry:

The wonders of modern technology :cry: and they call it progress!!

I lit up the dashboard on my van the other day cos i put my foot on the clutch going up a slip road and the engine was revving a little high. The bleeding computer stuck into limp home mode (35mph) and cost me £45 to get it reset :Angry:

5. wizza

wizza Funster

inj light

Dazzer,
    Is correct trip to some one with a code reader or main dealer to clear the faults,
    In our peugeot training notes it tells you this happens if you dont carry out the correct procedure when changing fuel filters

6. hogan

hogan Read Only Funster

Thank you for your replies. I will take a trip to a garage when I have figured out how to explain this in Spanish :cry: