Ducato 10" uconnect navigation system (1 Viewer)

Jul 25, 2022
Newington, Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Hi, our motorhome is based on a 2022 Ducato chassis. The cab comes complete with a 10" screen media player and nav system. Can anyone else who might have similar advise if I can enter vehicle dimensions into the sat nav? I can't find anything under settings and of course there is no hard copy instruction booklet. Thanks

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Sorry this doesn't help but on a brand new vehicle I would be having "a polite word in the dealer's ear" about there being no instructions for something that belongs to the base vehicle?

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Thanks, but are you sure this is what is fitted in the new Ducato? I couldn't find the setting where you input the dimensions. I'm wondering if the A7 is not the one fitted . How could you tell?
Sorry I donā€™t know as I found this on line I donā€™t have the Fiat radio I have a Zenec head unit and that not to good so just use my Garmin camper 770LMT-DšŸ‘šŸ˜Š

Upvote 0
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I have a brand new 22 Ducato. It has the Uconnect 7 fitted as standard and there is no sat nav, you are expected to use Apple play etc. The Uconnect 10 is an option that was not available to me Re pandemic shortages but I know that had a sat nav and I thought you could put vehicle dimensions in.

Yes Re the Fiat manual, mine came with a ā€˜Quick Guideā€™ book which was next to useless, but it had a Q code in the cover to the full manual which I downloaded as a pdf. Iā€™ve just had a quick look at your 10ā€ model and I cannot see any mention of vehicle dimensions but from what I have found so far in the past 3 weeks is that the full manual is a bit lacking too ā˜¹ļø

Hope this helps andyelbac

Upvote 0
OP
OP
andyelbac
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Thanks. Having looked at settings I cant see the option. Bit bizarre if it's not there. The whole issue of missing a sign and having to reverse is quite stressful. Amazed if any sat nav is put in a large vehicle that doesn't let you enter the dimensions. Just have to hope there might be an update in the near future.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
andyelbac
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022

Attachments

• 20220814_074417.jpg
    20220814_074417.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 211
Upvote 0
OP
OP
andyelbac
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Not sure if the photo shows up too well. I'm not even sure what type screen I have. Its 11.5" corner to corner. Under the 'About' tab it says the sat nav is TTNAV.R17.0.4, which I think is a Tom Tom product. Says it was released in June 2020

Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Not sure if the photo shows up too well. I'm not even sure what type screen I have. Its 11.5" corner to corner. Under the 'About' tab it says the sat nav is TTNAV.R17.0.4, which I think is a Tom Tom product. Says it was released in June 2020
Where are knobs on the front?

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2021
Framlingham, Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 774
Exp
Since 2017
Hi, our motorhome is based on a 2022 Ducato chassis. The cab comes complete with a 10" screen media player and nav system. Can anyone else who might have similar advise if I can enter vehicle dimensions into the sat nav? I can't find anything under settings and of course there is no hard copy instruction booklet. Thanks
Howdy, I have a 2022 Swift 774 with I think the same media player. We took it for a shakedown local trip yesterday and one of the surprises was that I could not find any way to have the radio on with the ignition off! Our Adria unit had a ā€œcamperā€ setting that let you set up to an hour after switching the ignition off. Why bother fitting nice speakers in the rear of the cabin if you canā€™t have your music in when parked? Anybody else had this problem?

Also - those slide out storage boxes at the rearā€¦. Just hundreds of miles on the clock and the forward facing runners were almost solid with road dirt, anyone else had this?

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2021
Halesowen, UK
Funster No
MH
BĆ¼rstner Lyseo Time
Exp
2022!
I'm sure you have probably already found the answer to your question about entering your vehicle dimensions into the new 10" Fiat touchscreen. For anyone viewing this post, from the home screen, select 'Vehicle' (bottom rhs + must have ignition switched on), select 'Settings' (top rhs), select 'Navigation' (from scrollable vertical menu on lhs), select 'Routing', and you will see the 'Vehicle Measurements' button at the bottom. The rest is straight forward.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
andyelbac
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Just had a chance to try this. Unfortunately mine does not show Vehicle Measurements. All it shows, after selecting Routing is 'Preferred Route Type', 'Avoid' and 'Reroute to faster route when available'. Going into all of them also does not provide the measurement facility??? I've checked for updatesbut there are none suggesting perhaps you have an upgraded version? My current version is TTNAV.R17.0.4? Very frustrating.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2021
Halesowen, UK
Funster No
MH
BĆ¼rstner Lyseo Time
Exp
2022!
Just had a chance to try this. Unfortunately mine does not show Vehicle Measurements. All it shows, after selecting Routing is 'Preferred Route Type', 'Avoid' and 'Reroute to faster route when available'. Going into all of them also does not provide the measurement facility??? I've checked for updatesbut there are none suggesting perhaps you have an upgraded version? My current version is TTNAV.R17.0.4? Very frustrating.
Ah. You are probably right about the version differences. I've just checked mine and it is version TTNAV.R18.0.1.
I've only had my unit for a couple of weeks. Not the simplest unit to get to play ball. I'm currently trying to update my map files and add the camera database, and it won't let me. It says I must be connected to the internet, which it is!!!
I have a TomTom Camper standalone unit that I bought last year and it is much easier to work with. I guess I'm just going to have to spend hours trying to source the relevant instructions on the internet for the Uconnect 10" screen supplied with the vehicle šŸ™„

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria TWIN
Ah. You are probably right about the version differences. I've just checked mine and it is version TTNAV.R18.0.1.
I've only had my unit for a couple of weeks. Not the simplest unit to get to play ball. I'm currently trying to update my map files and add the camera database, and it won't let me. It says I must be connected to the internet, which it is!!!
I have a TomTom Camper standalone unit that I bought last year and it is much easier to work with. I guess I'm just going to have to spend hours trying to source the relevant instructions on the internet for the Uconnect 10" screen supplied with the vehicle šŸ™„
Hi MoHoSam,
Have you managed to update the Uconnect 10 maps yet?

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I don't understand why people get so hung up about vehicle dimensions. It's very rare that you're restricted from a road due to width. And even rarer that height or weight is a problem. Of the four times I've had to change my Google Maps route because of a 6'6" sign, three of them either weren't on my width aware map (TomTom and Sygic) or were in the wrong place. The one time it was correct, it was a narrow lane that cut about 50m off the corner to avoid a busy junction.

Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Sun Living S70 SC
Iā€™ve given up on the Fiat installed system, a really expensive, flash named extra which does bugger all. Mines in a 2022 Fiat. Manual worse than useless.
Reverted to my Garmin Sat Nav and we donā€™t play the radio, Radio Luxembourg was better.

Upvote 0
Sep 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Just going back to this thread, I have the 10" uconnect with the TTNAV R17.0.4 with no vehicle size preferences.

Has anyone managed to upgrade software?

I see you can pay and get a mopar account to update the maps, does that update underlying software?

Is there anyway to get software update?

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2021
Halesowen, UK
Funster No
MH
BĆ¼rstner Lyseo Time
Exp
2022!
For anyone who might be interested, I have literally just updated the maps on the Uconnect 10. (Sorry it's taken this long to post this info. but our four-month old Adria broke down in Belgium, in August, and it has been off the road for another four months! New 9 speed gearbox)
If you've got a Fiat Uconnect unit (running TomTom software) these map updates are free from the Stellantis website. Please note that if you have a Uconnect 10, you download the maps for the Uconnect 5! (only option).
1. Format a USB stick with FAT32 file system (32GB will probably suffice/64GB to be safe)
2. Open this webpage:
3. Use the 'dropdowns' to select Fiat/Ducato/Uconnect 5 and 'search for updates'.
4. Download the maps you want (.ZIP file)
5. Extract files from ZIP file - files end up in an ordinary folder
6. DO NOT copy the extracted files folder over to the USB stick - go into the folder and just copy all the files over
7. In the moho, turn on your engine and Uconnect unit, and select the satnav screen
8. Insert your USB stick into the system and a message will appear asking if you want to update the maps. Follow the instructions.

I have to say that it seems stupid to have to run your engine whilst updating the maps - it might take nearly an hour! The reason is to prevent your unit from shutting down before the update has completed (causes big problems, apparently). So I set my update going before leaving to go on a journey, and it had completed properly by the time I arrived at my destination (y)

Upvote 0
Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
I had the integrated U-Connect in my previous MH. Never found a way to bulk load POI's. Have a stand-alone TomTom camper in the Carthago which came with most of the useful POIs anyway.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2021
Halesowen, UK
Funster No
MH
BĆ¼rstner Lyseo Time
Exp
2022!
Just to say it is really worth the hassle of updating the Uconnect satnav. My 2023 vehicle came with 2020 mapping installed. The most recent available update from Stellantis is Sep.'23. It is much improved in my case because it now displays height and width restrictions.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back