Drinking (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
35 years driving trucks. and about the same driving m/homes . never been asked.

Yes I have heard the story of some drunk bloke/fella arrested for sleeping in the car with keys under seat etc etc. But I've never actually met anyone who was the subject of the story.

There are a lot of urban myths around - and quite a few are on this site :rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Q563: Can I be charged with drink driving if I am over the limit but just sat in my car?

There are three offences that you could possibly be charged with,

• drive a motor vehicle whilst over the permitted limit (OPL)
  • attempt to drive a motor vehicle whilst OPL
  • in charge of a motor vehicle whilst OPL.

The third option may be the most relevant. You must show that there is no likelihood of you driving whilst you are over the limit, otherwise you will commit this offence.

It would depend on the circumstances in which you were found by the police which would determine which if any of the above charges would apply.

Broken Link Removed

car or motorhome , same thing.. but it may be easier to prove you had no intention of driving while drunk in charge of a motorhome..

why risk it .. ?

don't use it as a mobile pub and you won't be done.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I actually know a chap who lost his licence and job after being arrested and charged of being drunk in charge of a vehicle whilst sleeping on the back seat of his company car. not some urban myth.

i also still carry the scars caused by an oap deciding he was fit to drive next day and having a pint at the british legion next lunch time. cumulative effect put him 3 times over the limit

sorry but i dont have patience for those that drink and drive or think themselves capable of sobering up after 8 hours sleep. I like the occasional drink myself, but wouldn't hesitate to report anybody that had a skinful and still drove a vehicle whether that be a motorbike, a car, a minibus, a motorhome or a truck. I realise that doesn't make me popular at some parties etc. but so what if it saves an innocent life

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Basically you have to convince Mr Plod you are not about to drive. Being naked, with an erection and panting hard is considered a good defence.

That's all well and good, but would it stand up in court ? :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back