Drain Valve

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by rich g, Mar 17, 2015.

1. rich g

rich g Funster

I have just tried to close the drain valve so I can fill it with water,I have turned the rotary switch but the push button does not stay in when pushed.
    Any suggestions please.

Rich

2. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Funster

Hi Rich if the ambient temperature in your Moho is below 8* degrees some are 6* than the button won't stay in,you can either warm your Moho up using the heating,gas or engine or put a peg on the button to keep it closed whilst you fill up the boiler.
    It is a frost protection for your truama.

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I posted earlier today about the various types of valve Here. There may be tips on the web links to help you. Ours is the red pull-up button and I just normally warm it slightly with a hot air gun or hairdryer if I am wanting to fill up.

4. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

I take it is the new mechanical dump valve with the blue knob & button, it should reset above 3 deg. the knob should be at a right angle to the button, (long side facing the button). If it won't close after warming, it could be a chalk build up or a bit of grit inside, might be worth taking off and soaking in hot white wine vinegar. If that doesn't work sounds like a new valve required.

5. trophychap

trophychap Funster

Daft question time Have you got your 12 volt electrics turned on? We have to have ours on for it to reset? Ours is a Pilote by the way.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

From his description I think he has the mechanical valve, it does not have any electrical connection (see my post above).

7. jtp890

jtp890 Funster

Cant beat the clothes peg till youve filled up,bled the system and set the heater running.

8. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

No good on the new valves, if you have access could brace the button with a piece of timber, can't do it on my van SOG filter in the way.

9. rich g

rich g Funster

Thank you for your replies, persistant pushing the button in until it held.Now shes filled with water ready to go away Friday. :)