Downloading photos from Mob phone to PC

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by sedge, Apr 30, 2012.

1. sedge

sedge Funster

I know I'm technically inept in the 21st century, but I don't know how!

How was I supposed to know there is a little door on the top of it that you have to open and plug the USB cable into? LOL

So I did that, and it went, ooer, looking for drivers, so I let it do all that (I did know it does that, honest injun) then when it said they were done and ready I could either 'Finish' or 'Install Nokia Suite software'. Well I didn't think I wanted N Suite because that goes on about using your phone for storage of data, which is just about the opposite of what I want. So I said No.

So I go to Windows Media Centre, the only knob or whistle it doesn't have is a tab marked HELP - and the only device it knows we have is the scanner, so how the hell do I get the pics from the phone to the ruddy puter?

:Doh:

2. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

Take the memory card from the phone, and plug it directly into your computer, then go to "My Computer", to see the card (removable storage).

3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

with most phones, when you plug them in and the drivers load, you can navigate to your phone's storage using "my computer" or explorer on older pcs

plug phone in
    wait for drivers to load
    click START button
    choose COMPUTER
    This will open a page of icons showing drives etc
    ignore A: C: and D:
    you should see a drive that says something like F: on phone
    double click this
    if you get a folder with just another folder name in double click that
    repeat till you see your photos
    select what you want to keep and transfer to a drive on your PC, normally MY PICTURES

4. algill

algill Funster

Jenny let me know if you're still struggling and I'll send you a help sheet I use with my students. I'll need to know which version of Windows you have as I have info for XP or 2007.

Gill

5. sedge

sedge Funster

OK, thanks for that suggestion - like I know what a memory card looks like, or where it would be in my phone, how you open that bit with fingernails that flake and disintegrate when I so much as look at eg a teatowel; or even if I mastered that - where to stick it ? :Eeek: :Rofl1: PS Pete opened the little door where the USB lead goes, I didn't even know it was there !

The Big One however seems to be talking sense I can understand - so I'll opt for that one tomorrow, thanks so much for speaking in words of one syllable! :thumb:

Windows 7, Algill.

Thanks all, and I'll keep you posted chaps!

6. sedge

sedge Funster

YAY !

Thank you so much, I knew it had to be simple and it was!

Then Pete said do mine then, would it let me? kept saying it already had em ....

Well it didn't of course, what it had was my photos off my identical phone which were also called eg Image0001 etc ...... So I renumbered mine on the puter and then downloaded his.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy! :Doh:

You see I can be entirely logical, it's just that I don't always follow the same logic as a computer does - since the engineer who built the PC between my ears were all far more advanced than the ones who Packard Bell employ ...... ! :Rofl1:

7. Popeye

Popeye Funster

:Rofl1::Laughing::Rofl1:I'm saying NOTHING.......

........except maybe, get a 9 year old boy to do it.....I've got a couple you could borrow:Laughing::Rofl1::Laughing::Laughing::thumb: