Dover parking overnight.The facts.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by gillnphil, Oct 15, 2014.

1. gillnphil

gillnphil Funster

I have just been sent an email from Dover council ref parking overnight on the esplanade.
    It Reads as follows;
    At its meeting on 11th Sept 2014, the joint transportation board took the decision to " commence" the process of introducing an overnight parking ban, from 6 pm to 6 am Monday to Sunday, on motor caravans parking on, marine parade, and Waterloo crescent, and the beach at Walmer.
    This process will take time and involve public consultation.
    At the same time, parking services have directed to look into finding "alternative parking provisions" for motor caravans.
    At the moment there are NO restrictions that were not already in place, so we can still park prior to catching our ferries.
    The relevant report can be viewed at, http://moderngov.dover.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?
    Hope this helps
    Phil

• Like Like x 7
  2. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

Bearing in mind it's a ferry port and some folk travel a long way, I really hope they provide overnight parking for motor homes.
    Canterbury have successful motor home over nighting at their park and ride, which includes the bus fare into town.

3. John & Joan

John & Joan Funster

4. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

.Where do the trucks go,especially those from the far North?

5. TerryL

TerryL Funster

In the lay-bys on the A20 and A2.

6. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

About time there was a ban on the monstrosities and hope the council provide some alternatives that are suitable.

So glad o don't have to live in one of those gorgeous Georgian buildings over looking the sea front and stare at a load of gypsy wagons every time I look out my window.

And the first bit as you turn in is a well known gay prostitutes hang out for taking clients.